Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Yeah no reason upgrade! I'm happy with the bird I have on 1.6, it's done good things, but that one was upgraded courtesy of DJI RMA. If I had a choice I'd probably stay 1.4 and lower. Have you ever tried lifting externals without them being hooked up? I used to do test runs that way, to test the wind, Go out a couple miles with everything strapped up. If you try climbing with all that weight, and only a main battery powering it, you can watch the voltage drop to read quick. On the other hand, if you're just flying a stock battery and stock bird in high winds, you also see the voltage suffer, but when you have quality externals on it seems to cut right through those winds!

Yeah I usually fly with externals mounted but not plugged in on my first run. Never noticed major sag but I'm only going out to measure wind. I'm running 1.1.9 on the P3A and 1.4 on the P3P...I think 1.3.0 on the P3S.

OK so it isn't something that it's reading from intelligent battery. Because with the mod the numbers are all much lower...The DJI battery isn't being strained nearly as much as when running stock no battery. So it's some other sensor/calculation...I'm never upgrading :)
I'm on 1.8, i see it rarely, but when i do its either when battery temps are really high (40°C or more) and flying into wind with lower power, or volts drop low. There were a few logs i had where battery % was fine as were volts in each battery cell, but the SMART_BATTERY.voltagePercent reads zero. Usually this is when total volts drops to less than 14. I figure DJI has an algorithm showing that that voltage percentage is between 14-17.2, and anything below is zero. this is what maxwell smart's log looked like in that other cheapo antenna thread too.

Today has been a good day, and now that my balls are outa my throat, i can share! Hit a PR today on my P3P with ONLY windsurfers and horizon 5200 battery mod. HealthyDrones says 32,652 ft but DJI go says 32,632. I'll take either :)

f9dGBM3.jpg

W48xXcq.png

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

And this was my reception at 32k out with my windsurfers. Not too bad IMO.

LWfwgxZ.jpg

Now I gotta actually do some work .. shhhhhhh .. i was "in a meeting this morning" ;)

Yes!! Great job Dig!!
Talk about going all out! You was sky high man! Sounds like you had a very productive "meeting"

Reactions: Digdat0
You loving that Maxxrange Silver?
You should post max distance instead of entire trip[emoji41] then we dont have to do math! But 34000, nice flight!

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
How exciting was that fighting the autoland for almost 10%

Yes that's total travel distance [emoji16] (round trip). Sorry if I don't have healthy drone data and stuff. I haven't had time to set that up.

Hell yeah. Fighting the drone from going down was a challenge and fun. Like telling a dog... oh no your are not. I'm in command. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
Yes!! Great job Dig!!
Talk about going all out! You was sky high man! Sounds like you had a very productive "meeting"
i had to clear some hills at about 28k out .. i was really only intending to try and get 25k today. Battery was doing well, so decided to go for it. Hit a nice wind, which wasn't there on the way back as a headwind. Landed on 18% battery, so a little more juice left.

i had to clear some hills at about 28k out .. i was really only intending to try and get 25k today. Battery was doing well, so decided to go for it. Hit a nice wind, which wasn't there on the way back as a headwind. Landed on 18% battery, so a little more juice left.

Better to land with a little more juice than not enough! You can always fly another day.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Zuzua
View attachment 58863 Next level in battery mod cam removed 200gr third battery 208gr ...11380 mah dirty bum going to break your record!! But not sure if I want to try this yet!! Hell ya lets give it a go...with that v3 split mod 5200mah and 2300 mah 3rd batt well I am sure there will be greater distances yet!!! Who's going to try it????

My record w/ out camera doesnt count in most of our eyes[emoji41]
But for the record w/out camera it's 60000' and back 45 min

65cc5ab571a41e4b89d873be457b605a.jpg

All stock. My horizon was a little crooked, but I fixed that later with a gimbal calibration. Anyways that's the video.

I was landing back at 1%. Notice at some point I'm fighting to keep the drone from not self landing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
19:44 ?? Is it your round flighting ? I want to see your P3 arrived at homepoint.

Good job silver, did you get any cool pictures
no DB i did not i was thinking can i make it back landed at 2% she was maxxed out if i did not have a 40mph tail wind i dont think she would have made it...time for that V3 split mod ...thax dirty bum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94