OEM battery losing 4pt connection?

Reaction score
I have a phanvic kit with a 3 Pro innards. I have one OEM Battery and 3 aftermarkets. One day went to fly and couldn’t get the quad to turn on with the oem battery. The battery was fully charged. Swapped batteries and low and behold everything’s fine and go flying with the after market ones. One time I pushed snugly with the oem and got it to turn on but kept getting battery error invalid battery.

Played with it at home and realized that if I pushed some pressure up from the bottom it cuts out and gives error if it re-connects. Otherwise works as normal. Now I’m scared to use the oem battery but I hate to waste it because it’s still only been charged like 5 times.

The guy I bought the oem p3p from had obviously messed with the battery because it looks like the casing has been cracked open. So what would be loose in there that would cause that kind of thing to happen. It barely takes any effort to make it fully disconnect. It has to be those 4 pins not connecting or something because no matter what I do I can’t get the aftermarkets to do it.

Can you move the battery connector on the AC slightly towards the battery? It seems you are only getting a marginal connection in the data pins.

Yes, and the two most obvious reasons for the issue are mechanical design/manufacturing tolerance where the OEM pack places the data connections further out from the contacts or the springs in the contact pins in the AC have lost tension. Both might be corrected by moving the connections closer. You could also have dirty contacts on the battery (less likely).

Yes, and the two most obvious reasons for the issue are mechanical design/manufacturing tolerance where the OEM pack places the data connections further out from the contacts or the springs in the contact pins in the AC have lost tension. Both might be corrected by moving the connections closer. You could also have dirty contacts on the battery (less likely).
I scrubbed contacts and pins. Springs for data are still nice and stiff. I assume all four have to make contact even though there are only two pads on battery.

You can actually prise the front panel of a DJI battery to look inside ... may be a loose or dry connection.

I have a reputation of taking risks - but this is one that I would be extremely wary of ... a battery pack that is unreliable ....
Only if I take front of and find the cause to remedy would I even start to trust it again.

Nigel

Reactions: With The Birds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl