Obsidian batteries correct?

Reaction score
I just purchased an obsidian from eBay but I just noticed the batteries are white with black tops and are only 5350mha. Are these “1st edition” or something or am I being scammed?

I just purchased an obsidian from eBay but I just noticed the batteries are white with black tops and are only 5350mha. Are these “1st edition” or something or am I being scammed?
Picture might help but batterys from p4 range will work fine,,black or white,,,5350 is standed battery , the 5870 mha pro batt.i just check specs on this

I find this,,is yours just obsidian or pro,,this one has black battery, anyone with obsidian drone got some pictures to share on this..I know there is a limited edition one to
Screenshot_20191006-130302_Google.jpg

Ok here's couple posts I find...bottom pic your batt,,I can see one side stratch back to white on the edge,,black batt should not do that,,,I can't even find a picture of a white obsidian battery,,,even in pics I look at the obsidian battery has black cover under case not a white,,,,you might have black drone but I don't think that original battery for it,,is remote black ? Any give away markings showing it been painted or does drone itself look original
Screenshot_20191006-131640.jpg
Screenshot_20191006-131443_Chrome.jpg

My research has yet to show these batteries in any picture. All the batteries is see included are the 5870 mAh
This one shows the 5350 mAh. I guess I'll know when it gets here.

There was a special edition black P4 released in 2016. It came with standard batteries 5350. You don’t have an obsidian pro. Sorry

I really don’t know but that does seem odd to me. Best of my knowledge, DJI only sold the Obsidian in the Pro version. The Pro came stock with a 5870 battery. Best Buy sold a special edition black 4 Standard for a little while. The case and cover of my Obsidian Pro battery is the same color. Does the drone have sensors on the side? Was it sold as new or? Many possibilities of what could be going on here. Post a link to the eBay sold listing.

Reactions: Capt KO
Did the seller list it under the name obsidian (pro) or black, like the P4 limited? Sad, The seller or somebody painted the batteries. Ouch Could be arbitration with eBay if he listed it as an Obsidian to deceive. IMO

• Sad
Reactions: Recoveryone
Found the listing on eBay. It does look like the Pro (sensors all sides). They are not
“authentic DJI obsidian batteries”

The batt covers are easy enough to change. Anyone’s guess on how they got that way.

Again, Obsidian only came in Pro and Pro batts are 5870. Up to you how you want to pursue/follow up. Best of luck

Last edited:
All obsidian batteries look like these...
You can see they are not black, they are Obsidian plastic thru to the center and when placed next to black obejects you can really see the difference.
27D352B6-D76C-4D6E-854A-AD294E725A50.jpeg
2EE3DBFB-51A9-4740-9093-EA1034F2B0A7.jpeg
A14C01A7-CBAA-428E-9654-BE13A79D24B7.jpeg

Those ends seriously look black not obsidian.
I bet they are from the black p4a edition.
Someone will chime in soon with the right answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers