Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Nvidia Shield Wifi or LTE?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by mmjax, Apr 21, 2015.

1. mmjax

Hi all.
    I recently pre-purchased the P3P and have been looking around at the display options. I have decided on the Nvidia Shield, just unsure on whether to get the wifi or lte model.
    It comes down to GPS, and the (upcoming) follow me mode. I can tether the tablet to my galaxy s4 for internet access (and map data updates), but does anyone know if the wifi Shield has GPS? I don't need another contract to commit to, so I really don't want to pay for an LTE service that will rarely get used.

Thanks in advance!
    MMJAX

2. johngussman

the shield has GPS

3. mmjax

Thanks...any other details? With a wifi-only model, if you walk into the middle of a park will it accurately represent your location in the gps/maps app?

4. bbfpv

No. Maps requires a data connection to be able to display the map. You either have to cache the map while you still have a wifi connection, or tether the tablet to a device that has a data connection in the field.