NVIDIA Shield K1 with Goggles or Glasses

Reaction score
I am considering taking the dive into the "immersive" experience but I am limited to headware that accepts HDMI from from my NVIDIA Shield K1. Seems wasteful to spend money on all the FPV gear out there when I'm never going to need the 5.8 signal antenna's receivers, etc. I fly the P3S.

I've seen video glasses such as the Vuefine which allows me to maintain situational awareness and visual line of sight. I would much more prefer something like this vs. the massive headgear. Granted this is not immersive but it would be nice to be able to see my screen a little better is bright sunlight.

I've also read a few comments about Mybuds and Vision HMD that might work.

So my question for the group is what is your experience with any of these and would you recommend? I only fly occasionally and wish to keep it under $250.

I'm going to cross-post this on another forum, so feel free to respond only once if you read this somewhere else.

I've seen video glasses such as the Vuefine which allows me to maintain situational awareness and visual line of sight. I would much more prefer something like this vs. the massive headgear.
Check out the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses. You should read this thread before buying them. They are pretty expensive and you should know what you're getting into before buying them.

Reactions: LarBear360
Epson Moverio or Maui vacation? The vacation won out and I'm going to test the Vuefine Plus. Gottem for just under $170 with free shipping. Worse case I can also use them with my DSLR.

Thanks for weighing in.

I have been using the mybud for over a year with Nvidia Shield K1 on the Phantom 3 Pro and Spark, I love it. Picture quality is very good and clear. Only problem is that the external battery//hdmi pack is a pain to put in your pocket and the mybud goggles legs have come off. I have fixed the legs but would love a better solution. I also have the MAGICSEE M1 and SKyzone SKY02S and they are not as good as the mybud. I too might buy the vufine plus but is £199 in the UK.

I have been using the mybud for over a year with Nvidia Shield K1 on the Phantom 3 Pro and Spark, I love it. Picture quality is very good and clear. Only problem is that the external battery//hdmi pack is a pain to put in your pocket and the mybud goggles legs have come off. I have fixed the legs but would love a better solution. I also have the MAGICSEE M1 and SKyzone SKY02S and they are not as good as the mybud. I too might buy the vufine plus but is £199 in the UK.

I was disappointed in the VueFine Plus. I found them impossible to use outdoors and as such have returned them. I think I'm going to pop for some inexpensive goggles that would fit my phone and switch to Litchi FPV view long enough for that "immersive" experience! I'm still a chicken when it comes to flying so I doubt I would stay in that mode very long.

Don’t be afraid of the box goggles(Aren’t you a little old to care what you look like?)
Eachine Two’s are cheap, have hdmi, can accept Dollar Store reading glasses, and the view is AMAZING!(better than ANY low pro goggles)
P.S. Size matter’s(That’s what she said)

Don’t be afraid of the box goggles(Aren’t you a little old to care what you look like?)
Eachine Two’s are cheap, have hdmi, can accept Dollar Store reading glasses, and the view is AMAZING!(better than ANY low pro goggles)
Hey, thank you for that suggestion. And "you are correct, sir" I don't care what I look like.

Check out Eachine 800D (cheaper than "Two") and you can take the goggle part off and use it as a field monitor. While they are not 1080P, either is your FPV feed from camera. I sure wish the TWO could be used as field monitor like the 800D...If so, I'd buy a pair for sure. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Check out Eachine 800D (cheaper than "Two") and you can take the goggle part off and use it as a field monitor. While they are not 1080P, either is your FPV feed from camera. I sure wish the TWO could be used as field monitor like the 800D...If so, I'd buy a pair for sure. Just a thought.
Checked out the specs but did not see HDMI input

You may be right about HDMI.. Not sure how I overlooked that IMPORTANT part...

For the record I'm going to try the Fatshark Dominator V3 from my NVIDIA K1. Seller offers returns but fingers crossed I won't want to return them.

For the record I'm going to try the Fatshark Dominator V3 from my NVIDIA K1.
They are not immersive by any means, but it's a nice compact option if you want to pack light.

For the record I'm going to try the Fatshark Dominator V3 from my NVIDIA K1. Seller offers returns but fingers crossed I won't want to return them.
That's OK if they are not very immersive. My objective is a closer look at my screen. They will also double as a field monitor for my DSLR camera.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Fat Sharks arrived. Initial ground tests successful. I have clear view of the entire screen from my K1. Flight test on Saturday.

Wow, this was really weird. It was nice to be able to focus on the telemetry but not being able to keep my eyes on the drone was more difficult than I thought. I eventually resorted back to line of sight with my naked eye. Nevertheless, I can see deploying these goggles under various circumstances.

Eachine Two’s are cheap, have hdmi, FileZilla UC Browser Rufus can accept Dollar Store reading glasses, and the view is AMAZING!(better than ANY low pro goggles)
The vacation won out and I'm going to test the Vuefine Plus. Gottem for just under $170 with free shipping. Worse case I can also use them with my DSLR.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.