Nvidia Shield Demo/Test

Reaction score
Several posts have been made asking about the screen display and lag on the NVidia Shield. So I put together a quick video to demonstrate the amount of lag. I would also like to note that I have the video feed turned down to 4mb/s within the settings. I cannot tell a difference in display quality between 4mb/s and 6mb/s. Also, keep in mind that I’m making the fastest possible movements by hand when turning the P3. Obviously the P3 cannot turn this quickly in real life. My take from this demo was that there is no real delay caused by the Shield. There is always going to be a slight delay in the display due to the video being transmitted from the Phantom. There is another reason I did the test this way… it removes any delay caused by the transmission of the stick movement to the Phantom. There is going to be a slight delay in this area as well.

Lastly, some people may notice some tongue and cheek in this video. I’ve had that idea rolling around in my head for a while and put it into this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought it was N-vid-e-a?
I agree with the OP though about the Sheild, its a good tablet. :)

I have the Shield, rooted it but cant uninstall the crap. Nice video though.

Lastly, some people may notice some tongue and cheek in this video. I’ve had that idea rolling around in my head for a while and put it into this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Simon reincarnated?

Didn't like the copycat Simon Newton attempt, but everything else was good

it's pronounced n-videee-uh
not n-veee-duh

also this guy is correct^

Simon reincarnated?

YUP! I thought it would be kind of funny to mimic his videos. I did sent him the link first to make sure he thought it was funny.

Please understand that it was not to steal anything from Simon but a funny way of letting him know I like his videos.

I would like to put hands on one, but no one has one in stock around here and I hear shield tablet 2 should be available the end of next month. Figure I'll wait until then and keep stealing my wife's iPad. ;)

I would like to put hands on one, but no one has one in stock around here and I hear shield tablet 2 should be available the end of next month. Figure I'll wait until then and keep stealing my wife's iPad. ;)
Have you read any articles that say this?? I've been looking for any info about the release.

Just picked up a second Shield for my camera op, $120 and slightly used.. First one is the LTE version..

it's pronounced n-videee-uh
not n-veee-duh
OH MY GOD!!! Everybody RUN!! it's the Grammar police, actually it depends on where you were raised how you pronounce things. I still say 'Ice Box' for refrigerator and 'Worsh' for Wash, guess it's those Okie roots. Everybody knew what he was referring to so why the need to correct him, unless of course you are an English Teacher. :):)

OH MY GOD!!! Everybody RUN!! it's the Grammar police, actually it depends on where you were raised how you pronounce things. I still say 'Ice Box' for refrigerator and 'Worsh' for Wash, guess it's those Okie roots. Everybody knew what he was referring to so why the need to correct him, unless of course you are an English Teacher. :):)
Thanks, but I do not mind. I'm trying to get better with these videos and just got so caught up that I said it wrong. Helps me remember how to get better for next time. I have a long way to go.

Reactions: louforgiveno
Thanks, but I do not mind. I'm trying to get better with these videos and just got so caught up that I said it wrong. Helps me remember how to get better for next time. I have a long way to go.
Great attitude i believe the guy was just pointing out the correct pronunciation......cause it jumped out to me when i heard it too. Congrats for not feeling attacked as some have implied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.