Nvidia Shield built in screen recording and streaming

Reaction score
Hi

I am now choosing between Shield and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact tablet.
Shield have got built in screen recording and streming features. Can somebody tell me how good these features work? If I go for Xperia Z3, I now you can get 3rd party screen recording and streaming apps, but would they work as well like built in features?

I have read, there is some problems with Shield, after Lollipop update....

I have similar issue. I pre-ordered a P3P as first quad and trying to determine which is best tablet to use with it. According to the most people Air 2 is best, 2.Mini 2, 3.Nvidia Shield, 4.Tab S
I don't want #1 & #2 because:
a) They are not able to play recorded videos,
b) They don't use SD cards,
c) They don't have HDMI.

On the other hand #3 & #4,
a) not smooth video and more lags,
b) poor visibility under sun light,
c) no simulation.

I'm really having hard time to select one of them. I'll really appreciate all your advises.

I have similar issue. I pre-ordered a P3P as first quad and trying to determine which is best tablet to use with it. According to the most people Air 2 is best, 2.Mini 2, 3.Nvidia Shield, 4.Tab S
Not sure I follow you. I play recorded videos on my Ipad all the time. Mine is the IPad 2 so I'm looking at the mini 2 for the P3 but do like what I've seen of the Shield.

I get information from DJI, simulator will be available Android also.

b) They don't use SD cards,
c) They don't have HDMI.

On the other hand #3 & #4,
a) not smooth video and more lags,
b) poor visibility under sun light,
c) no simulation.

I'm really having hard time to select one of them. I'll really appreciate all your advises.

According to people at RCGroups Air 1 and Mini 2/3 are the best iOS devices. Air 2 has some kind of video hardware acceleration issue that reboots the iPad when it occurs (not ideal when in flight).

They are saying the Shield is a very close 2nd to the Air 1 and Mini 2/3 with it not being as smooth as those Apple tablets but really close.

The Air 1 and Mini 2 can be bought new at pretty good discounts. Look around if you decide to go the iOS route.

Thanks for replies. Any idea about Shield's sunlight performance and total performance of Tab S 8.4?

I have both, the Shield is VERY reflective in sunlight, basically you can't see much on the screen, a anti-glare protector and Hood is a must. The iPad2 mini can be turned up much brighter so is a bit easier to see, but is also reflective and needs a glare shield, but works a little better in the sun. Bottom line is you are going to need a hood in direct sunlight no matter which tablet you try. Actually the Nexus 7 2nd gen with anti-glare worked the best in direct sunlight, but would still benefit from a hood.

Last edited:
I live in Middle East so a hood is a must :cool:
In any case I'll use a hood.
Shield + anti glare protector + hood seem to be best for me.

I have both, the Shield is VERY reflective in sunlight, basically you can't see much on the screen, a anti-glare protector and Hood is a must. The iPad can be turned up much brighter so is a bit easier to see, but is also reflective and needs a glare shield, but works a little better in the sun. Bottom line is you are going to need a hood in direct sunlight no matter which tablet you try. Actually the Nexus 7 with anti-glare worked the best in direct sunlight, but would still benefit from a hood.

Nexus 7 will work? Because that's what I have, and I've heard that the Nexus 7 II is certified, but the Nexus 7 is not.

Nexus 7 will work? Because that's what I have, and I've heard that the Nexus 7 II is certified, but the Nexus 7 is not.
Sorry, I should have specified the 2013 Nexus 7 second gen, I just assumed everyone knew that the original nexus didn't have the horsepower to decode the 720 stream. Also these were tested on a P2v for the simple reason we don't have the P3 yet.

Sorry, I should have specified the 2013 Nexus 7 second gen, I just assumed everyone knew that the original nexus didn't have the horsepower to decode the 720 stream. Also these were tested on a P2v for the simple reason we don't have the P3 yet.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply!

NEVER assume a noob knows anything...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers