Number of batteries to run non-stop?

Reaction score
I have a phantom 4 Pro + 3 batteries, the high-capacity ones and I'm wondering if anyone knows off hand how many batteries you would need to be able to run the Drone Non-Stop changing batteries as they charge/deplete?

I have the DJI 3 battery charging cradle it only charges one at a time but at least doesn't require me to swap the battery on the charger every time one is full. With 3, seems I need at least one more possibly two more to be able to run non stop cycling through batteries as they charge and as they deplete but I'm curious if anybody has actually done this to know what the exact number is that's needed?

More just a curiosity then anything else.

There could be many combinations to achieve this. You should decide what suits you best.

Let's do basic calculations.

Assume average battery flight time is 20 minutes and average charging time is 3 hrs.

One way is get 8 chargers and 9 batteries. This way every 20 minute you can get a fully charged battery if you space out correctly.

Other way could be to have less number of chargers and more batteries but as chargers are cheaper this may not be an economic solution if you fly for say 8 hrs continuously.

Better chargers that can reduce charging time will help you reduce number of batteries. So your deciding factor is a quick and efficient battery charger.

Hope this helps you work out a solution for you.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl