Not Yet, Hello from North Carolina

Reaction score
Have not bought a drone yet. I am looking for a drone I can use from a boat to spot fish and return to the boat.

Appreciate any help.
Patrick

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I am looking for a drone I can use from a boat to spot fish and return to the boat
What exactly are you hoping to spot from the air?

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

I am looking for the lowest price drone that I can fly from a boat over the water (near shore ocean) with about a 25 minute fly time and be able to retrieve it.

I am looking for the lowest price drone that I can fly from a boat over the water (near shore ocean) with about a 25 minute fly time and be able to retrieve it.
Good luck :)

Welcome to the forum and the hobby :)

25min flight time is going to narrow your choices. I'd say you should research the DJI Mavic Pro (or the soon to be shipping DJI Mavic Pro Platinum). You'll get approx 27 - 30 minutes of flight time from a very compact and easily transported.

Most of these drones can fly for at least 20 minutes (in calm wind). I'm not sure how easy it is to see channel bass and tuna from the air, so you might need to fly pretty close to the surface of the water. Another challenge will probably be seeing them on the mobile device display. I've found small details are hard to see until I'm playing the recorded video back on my computer.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik