not original battery

Reaction score
i want to buy a battery but not a DJI..it is not original..what is the risk

Non dji battery is bit like a kinda surprise, might seem a good deal but could cost you a epic failure at any time ,to me the risk is high and sure others will think the same,I know they not cheap but try spend few extra $$ on a dji battery, that way piece of mind,,dji battery is able to integrate correct info to the drone,non dji battery cant do this

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve gone through 6 Lumsing and 12 PowerExtra’s in my P3Ps with no issues whatsoever. Still have 1 Lumsing and 3 PowerExtra’s in use currently. Just my experiences FWIW.

Careful, some do not auto discharge! You have to fly to discharge or battery rapidly fails. I know, sadly. Have a couple that work great but very tight fit, takes 2 hands to press both buttons to insert. Drawbacks to low price.

I agree with everyone about using original batteries when possible. OP does not say what model, but does seem to indicate that an original battery is not an option. Just posting about my non DJI battery experiences, not necessarily recommending them.

I’ve gone through 6 Lumsing and 12 PowerExtra’s in my P3Ps with no issues whatsoever. Still have 1 Lumsing and 3 PowerExtra’s in use currently. Just my experiences FWIW.
PowerExtra batts have worked very well for me in last 4 years...

Reactions: BigL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20