Not getting a feed from the camera

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not getting any feed from our drone's camera; the screen is pitch black and any photographs I try to take with it comes out black as well. This has happened a few times before (usually if I have not used the drone for a few weeks) but a firmware update always seemed to resolve the issue. However, currently the firmware is up to date and I'm still not getting a feed.

Any help will be appreciated!

Hi all,

I'm not getting any feed from our drone's camera; the screen is pitch black and any photographs I try to take with it comes out black as well. This has happened a few times before (usually if I have not used the drone for a few weeks) but a firmware update always seemed to resolve the issue. However, currently the firmware is up to date and I'm still not getting a feed.

Any help will be appreciated!

Hi, you need to provide just a little more info to help us not widely guessing. Which Drone, which app are you using, on what device (I saw android)?

You mention not getting any feed from drone, does that mean you can’t fly it at all, if so photo taking is a secondary issue, if you can fly - then you must be connected to drone?
- What changed between working and not?
- can you see camera image on the app before you take off?
Can you connect RC to Drone? - describe either way

Hi, you need to provide just a little more info to help us not widely guessing. Which Drone, which app are you using, on what device (I saw android)?

You mention not getting any feed from drone, does that mean you can’t fly it at all, if so photo taking is a secondary issue, if you can fly - then you must be connected to drone?
- What changed between working and not?
- can you see camera image on the app before you take off?
Can you connect RC to Drone? - describe either way

Hi Loz, thanks for the reply.

It's a Phantom 4 Pro, and I'm using two apps:the DJI Go 4 app and Precision Flight. I'm experiencing the same problem with both apps. I'm using a Samsung S6 smartphone to fly the drone.

Yes I can fly to the drone and can also connect to it. I'm just not getting a feed from the camera.

I cannot think of any change that had occurred. This usually seems to happen when I have not used the drone for a few days/weeks. However, a firmware update always seemed to help, but now the issue re-occurred and the firmware is up to date.

I cannot see an image from the camera before take off; I'm not getting any feed from the camera.

Hi Loz, thanks for the reply.

It's a Phantom 4 Pro, and I'm using two apps:the DJI Go 4 app and Precision Flight. I'm experiencing the same problem with both apps. I'm using a Samsung S6 smartphone to fly the drone.

Yes I can fly to the drone and can also connect to it. I'm just not getting a feed from the camera.

I cannot think of any change that had occurred. This usually seems to happen when I have not used the drone for a few days/weeks. However, a firmware update always seemed to help, but now the issue re-occurred and the firmware is up to date.

I cannot see an image from the camera before take off; I'm not getting any feed from the camera.

Can you borrow an updated iOS device from someone to test this and see if the issue follows? This may be a silly question but do you have the exposure settings adjusted for a brighter view?

Reactions: Spades0
I had a similar problem. Had full control of the drone, but no video, and app saying aircraft disconnected. Turns out, on start-up of the app, hit don't connect, charge only!! I thought connect would have been the obvious choice, but apparently not!! Since I figured that out, no problems at all with my drone, tablet, and loving flying!! Good luck, and I hope your solution is as simple as mine proved to be!!

Can you borrow an updated iOS device from someone to test this and see if the issue follows? This may be a silly question but do you have the exposure settings adjusted for a brighter view?

I tried pointing the drone at a very bright light source and yes, it showed up on the feed. It looks like the camera settings changed by itself from auto to manual for some reason. I wanted to play around with the camera settings a bit when we just got the drone but couldn't find the settings in the app. So I just assumed that it you can't change it manually (silly me!). Anyway the issue has now been resolved, thanks for all the help!

I had a similar problem. Had full control of the drone, but no video, and app saying aircraft disconnected. Turns out, on start-up of the app, hit don't connect, charge only!! I thought connect would have been the obvious choice, but apparently not!! Since I figured that out, no problems at all with my drone, tablet, and loving flying!! Good luck, and I hope your solution is as simple as mine proved to be!!
Thanks, turns out it was very simple!

I tried pointing the drone at a very bright light source and yes, it showed up on the feed. It looks like the camera settings changed by itself from auto to manual for some reason. I wanted to play around with the camera settings a bit when we just got the drone but couldn't find the settings in the app. So I just assumed that it you can't change it manually (silly me!). Anyway the issue has now been resolved, thanks for all the help!

We are glad the issue was resolved, let us know if we can be of any other help.

It looks like the camera settings changed by itself from auto to manual for some reason. I wanted to play around with the camera settings a bit when we just got the drone but couldn't find the settings in the app.

Don't feel bad. I had the exact same problem with the immaculate used P4 that I bought. I was fully connected, and had complete control of the bird, but the screen was dark and no image could be seen. Long story short, after spending days trying to identify the problem, by accident I discovered the previous owner had the exposure set on manual. I switched it to auto and an image magically appeared on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers