Not enough power to lift off

Reaction score
Hi,

Tried to fly my P2 this afternoon and the initial throttle response after CSC and initialisation would not give me enough power to take off. This has been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks. I'd say Its been happening once in every 4 or 5 flights but today its not taking off no matter what I do. There is some increase in motor speed when the throttle is pushed forward but not enough to lift off.

Things I've tried so far
---------------------------
Calibration of the transmitter in the RC assistant.
Calibration of transmitter in the P2 assistant.
Tried different batteries in the P2 and transmitter.
IMU basic and advanced calibration.
My P2 has never been crashed or damaged.

I have not changed anything with regards setup or configuration for months. Everything has been fine but recent weeks has seen this problem develop into a condition that has now grounded my P2.

Cant think of anything else. Anyone had this before ?

Try changing props. They may be fatigued and are flexing to much. Or maybe motors worn out...Just an idea..

quadcopter said:
Try changing props. They may be fatigued and are flexing to much. Just an idea..

Thanks for the reply. Not the props its a motor speed issue. Even though the throttle is at max they are not being driven hard enough to take off.

You sure you are not in mode 1 and the throttle switched to the right stick?

xgeek said:
You sure you are not in mode 1 and the throttle switched to the right stick?

Hi - Just checked and its still in Mode 2. All sticks move as expected in RC assistant. You can hear the power increase as you push the throttle but its almost like it hits a rev limiter and wont increase the power enough to allow the craft to lift off.

Check the vertical gain setting and perhaps increase it.

Alternatively some practical joker is hiding lead weights inside your bird. You should weigh it. :lol:

I would be looking at you battery health in the Assistant software to see if it shows anything untoward.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Thanks for the replies guys.

Seems that my transmitter is at fault. Tried a transmitter from another P2 and it worked ok with no problems. Mine has been getting more and more troublesome over the last few weeks. Oh well at least I know what it is now.

Maybe this is the excuse I need to buy a Futaba instead of another P2 transmitter ;)

Cheers

That does not make sense :?

When you calibrated the controller in the RC assistant was you getting full swing -1000 <> 0 <> +1000 ?

The warranty went out the window when I modified the controller. Its got some additional holes and bits added.

xgeek - everything looks good but the P2 doesn't want to play. The other one worked 1st time. Intermittent faults - don't you just love 'em. When I was studying for my HND In electronics many years ago my tutor would tell us "Just throw a wet blanket over it and wait until it blows up. You then have something to fix". Not sure I would agree but I've had some TV's in the past where I've been tempted. :)

Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik