North Yorks Moors

Thanks HS, the problem is finding somewhere without a foot high heather covering which doesn't suffer from the odd gale!

Thanks HS, the problem is finding somewhere without a foot high heather covering which doesn't suffer from the odd gale!
We have a similar problem here in the Scottish Highlands enhanced by the abundance of bracken and rather more than the odd gale... happy flying! We used to live in the Dales and used to visit the North Yorkshire Moors most weekends.... Hutton - le - Hole, Helmsley, Whitby etc.... Happy times although no drone then...:)

Many thanks Aw. I live near the sea-side but am reluctant to fly from the beach (sand and motors not compatible), also a bit nervous of destroying passers-by at the moment!
Am looking for a flat open space with no cross-wind (some hope). I'm sure there are such places if I search long enough.

Hi There

Wet sand sound present a problem, but use a mat and that will reduce the amount of sand that will get stirred up. Have some faith in the technology, you should be ok unto 20mph wind speeds, just make sure you take off immediately after starting the motors. The Phantom series are not too stable on the ground with the props turning if there is much in the way of wind.

Reactions: pandora
Thanks AW, very useful stuff.
Was wondering about a (say) 3' x 3' mat for moor-land heather etc. too?
Was going to limit myself to 14mph speeds to be on the safe side as a starter, comforting to know 20 is acceptable.
regards

You really could do with a lesson, it will give you loads of confidence in the drone and what it can do

check this out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic