Noob Question - Recording Flight Data

Reaction score
I'm about to get my new P3P and Ive been reading all I can. I have read about the firmware 'concerns' and do not plan to update past 1.1.9.
I have also read the manual (first run through what will be many I expect). And I have been watching 'training' videos like mad....but I still have a question...
How do I record the flight data? I ask this because I want to record so that I have this data in case of any weird 'flyaway' issues/etc. I want to have the proof to be able to return the unit if their is a disaster...

All help appreciated..

Stilgar

I'm about to get my new P3P and Ive been reading all I can. I have read about the firmware 'concerns' and do not plan to update past 1.1.9.
I have also read the manual (first run through what will be many I expect). And I have been watching 'training' videos like mad....but I still have a question...
How do I record the flight data? I ask this because I want to record so that I have this data in case of any weird 'flyaway' issues/etc. I want to have the proof to be able to return the unit if their is a disaster...

All help appreciated..

Stilgar
It's done automatically by the bird, and the app.

It took me a while to find it but it is worth the hunt. From the pilot app select "User Center" and then click the middle icon. It shows the entire flight on a map in real time along with a wealth of data so you can see exactly what was happening at in time in the flight. It even shows the location of the controller as you move around. I'm curious if there is a GPS in the controller also.

There is no GPS in the controller. It uses GPS from your tablet, unless you got screwed and bought an iPad that doesnt have cellular capability. If you did then you have no GPS at the controller.

There is no GPS in the controller. It uses GPS from your tablet, unless you got screwed and bought an iPad that doesnt have cellular capability. If you did then you have no GPS at the controller.
Thanks! That makes sense. I didn't think about the GPS in the iPad.

Reactions: Steve Moore
Hi I have a iPad mini 3 no cellular capability but I have a iPhone 6 can I link them to get gps at the controller ?

Regarding GPS thats true. But you can either cache the maps when ur at home with ur iPad - if you know where ur going ofc - or use your phone as GPS device.

Well, ur right when saying, you cant link your phone and tablet to use GPS. GPS was not the correct word I was talking about. You can determine your actual position either via GPS or Internet. So as you usually dont have internet access when ur flying (talking about an iPad w/o cellular functions), you can link the ipad with the iphone to get your actual position. So you can see where your bird is/was using google maps. Thats called tethering.
Pre-condition is a good availability of mobile network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20