Noob in every sense

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post here. I've never had a drone before so all this is very new and exciting for me.

I've spent half the evening going over a few very interesting threads about the P4. I have a couple of questions. I apologize in advance if they have already been covered in another thread.

I got my P4 ready to fly yesterday (it was my 4th flight) and just as it was taking off a short bench one of the blades flew off causing the drone to topple over and crash on the ground. I probably hadn't tightened it properly. Oups!

Luckily I didn't notice any damage... BUT the motor from which the blade flew off was significantly tighter than the other motors. I then re-attached the blade and attempted to hover again just to see if the motor had issues. It seemed to run fine and I did not notice any temperature differences compared to the other motors. I hovered a couple more times and eventually flew about a kilometer in total without any issues. The motor now seems a little looser but its blade still stops turning before the others after I land. Does it need oiling perhaps? A new bearing? A new motor? If any of the above, are there any articles or instruction videos on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

[QUOTE="AlexGeo, post: 933971, member: 72225"I hovered a couple more times and eventually flew about a kilometer in total without any issues. The motor now seems a little looser but its blade still stops turning before the others after I land. Does it need oiling perhaps? A new bearing? A new motor? If any of the above, are there any articles or instruction videos on how to do this?[/QUOTE]
What you describe shouldn't make much difference to the motor.
The motors have sealed bearings - don't attempt to oil them.
If it's flying and hovering properly, that's a good sign that everything is OK.

The first time I tried hovering it after the fall it felt as if it wasn't responding properly to the controller. But it could be that my hands were trembling out of fear that I broke it so I can't be certain. However the motor was definitely tighter on that first attempt compared to the following flights. Is there any way to check the condition of the motor? I fly it in an urban environment and wouldn't want it to drop on anybody's head!

When I spin the propellers on, all the motors move freely. Then I tighten them all a bit.

If you flick the propeller with your finger to make it spin, it should spin as freely as the others.

Most of us have had the unfortunate experience of crashing our phantoms. It's an unnerving experience.
But with flight time, and the experience of this forum, you are well on your way to having fun with the hobby.

When I spin the propellers on, all the motors move freely. Then I tighten them all a bit.

If you flick the propeller with your finger to make it spin, it should spin as freely as the others.

Most of us have had the unfortunate experience of crashing our phantoms. It's an unnerving experience.
But with flight time, and the experience of this forum, you are well on your way to having fun with the hobby.

Sir, it is a P4, you do not "spin" the props on. They have a set of keeper springs and they go on by pushing them down, giving a very slight turn, and then letting the springs push them up into final locked position.

read the post

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl