Non-stop beeping red controller out of the box...sigh.

Reaction score
Hello there. I am relatively new to drones. Purchased one for my workplace two months ago and love it (Phantom 4). We use it for aerials weekly and have never had any issues whatsoever.

I loved it so much that I went out and bought a personal one, a new Phantom 4 from DJI. However, right out of the box and after charging both controller and battery, immediately upon startup, the controller beeps non-stop and flashes red (again, it is fully charged). Through the DJI Go app, I am presented with the error:

Remote Controller Image Transmission Initialization Error.
Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support for Repairs.

I was able to update the firmware on the drone and controller, and when I do it on the controller, it DOES change to green once completed, but won't connect. And when I power off the controller and then on, continues to beep and blink red non-stop.

Please tell me I am missing something. Literally out-of-the box, never flown.

I searched far and wide to find this community and ask for your input. In addition, I tried to link to controller manually but had no luck.

Figured I would ask you all before going through DJI support.

Thank you in advance!

If the left light on the RC is red it is not communicating with the AC. Maybe the RC is not paired with the bird, try to pair first.

If the left light on the RC is red it is not communicating with the AC. Maybe the RC is not paired with the bird, try to pair first.
I've tried to pair, and the countdown ticks away on the DJI Go app and does not recognize the bird, even though I press the small button for two seconds on the bird, as directed. The controller continues to rapidly blink red with beeping. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj