No signal on the pilot app

Reaction score
HI:
I have the phantom I crashed two weeks ago on his box for a couple of days...
Nothing happened to the bird on the crash it was just a gimbal damage... I remember that i flew the phantom after the crash a couple of times with the gimbal broken just to see if it will respond and It did perfectly.
I upgrade the firmware on both the phantom and controller trying to see if it will fix my gimbal level problem but it didn't.. so I remove the gimbal out of the quad and put it in his box...
I was trying to get it to flight today and I'm having serious issues with the channel quality and the button that says "Safe to fly (GPS) keep saying "NO SIGNAL"...
Went to a park close to the building and the bird get GPS signal (was flashing green) and even recorded Home point but screen keep showing "No signal" and a red box...
I've been reading lots of post but can figure out if its interference, or a pilot app issue...
Do this have anything to do with the gimbal removal? I'm guessing no but I'm a newbie on all this flying quads thing...
Maybe is that I'm surrounding by buildings all over... I don't really know...
Please any advice will be appreciated...

Even in the park the app keep showing a sign with a light bulb saying strong interference be careful with long distance flights or something like that... I did a compass calibration and the No signal on the red box continues...
Do I lost the communication between the controller and the bird...? everything else show on the app...
14 satellites, full controller signal, full HD signal...

Not sure if this will work but I had issues with No Signal. I kept the app on and the controller on, turned the battery on the bird off and back on. Waited a few seconds, clicked on the no signal, clicked the X and it worked.

do the gimbal has something to do with that?
Cant believe you can't fly the quad without it...

Got the same thing last night when I was going attempt to film fireworks. I brought it right back down. Did test flights earlier with no problem. Really frustrating but was scared I would lose control of it so packed it in. Looking around for an answer.

I am having same issue. (P3A using iPad 2 Air) Would lose signal every once in awhile and first thought it was with SD Card as when it was swapped out, all was fine. Now that I am up north (MN) at the cottage on the lake, my video yesterday would flicker different colors the lose signal, come in closer then it would work and now, no matter what I do, I have no signal. I have all other telemetry and can fly using the Google Maps but that's it. I have lost signal completely now and nothing is getting it back. Sad, I was hoping to film up here at the lake and I've only been able to fly about a total of 20 minutes. Hoping to find something this afternoon or I will travel back to Iowa and give DJI support a call Monday. Anybody have any ideas for me would be great. I'll keep an eye on the forum and try what anybody says that I haven't tried yet. Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes to the relief of my problem.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic