No positioning (ATTI) with good gps signal

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am a new drone user, I have a phantom 3 SE.
So far I have done about a dozen flights, always in big fields away from everything, but the drone never goes in gps mode. I have never seen p-gps on the screen. It always stays in atti, but the gps signal is good. When I turn it on, its says safe to fly (gps), home point recorded, it shows 12-15 satellites with full bars, but it still never goes into p-gps. If I press RTH or toggle the s2 switch nothing happens.
The s1 switch is in the P position.
The beginner mode is off.
I have calibrated the compass and IMU many times.
I reinstalled the dji go app to no avail.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy TabA with android 6.01

I read the manual and dozens of forum threads, but cannot figure out the problem.

Additional info, not sure if pertinent:
- I have the max attitude set to 200m but when it reaches 30, it says max atti reached
- the "you are flying in a different country" WLAN message keeps coming up, at least several times every flight (I bought the drone in nz, but I used it always in the same country, in Tonga)
- I tried to download a different firmware version for the RC, but when I open the windown in the app it says "firmware version n/a, downgrade not available "

Any ideas?
Screenshot_20180124-190711.png

I would really appreciate some help, sending the drone back to the shop is not really an easy option from these islands...

Thanks!

What position is the switch on the left front of the controller in? That switch on the P3 4k is a 3 position switch, one position sets the flight mode including a gps setting

The switch on the left (s2) is in the uppermost position, I also tried the other two positions, but nothing changed, still no gps lock...
I am pretty sure though that the s1 switch (on the right side) sets the flight mode. I have it on P mode...
Thanks anyway.

P.s. phantom firmware 1.5.40

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31