No More Pano Missions from Drone Base:/

Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted, but DB is now phasing out the pano mission option we once had. You can still get out and do a few before it completely ends by logging on a pc and adding your mission to your dashboard. Truth be told, it’s been awhile since I’ve been paid for a pano.....

Meanwhile new things are on the horizon. Nick from DB informed me of something new coming. Something that could be more profitable for the pilot. Sounds exciting :). We’ll see.

Please excuse my ignorance, but why would anyone use this (pricey) service? I am not trying to be "cute" here, but can't this be done for free???

Not trying offend anyone, so please don't take it that way... Just really curious.

I exchanged a few e mails with Sean at DB. He told me that DB will still accept and attempt to sell any remaining Pano missions submitted off your dashboard until the newer format is implemented.

Please excuse my ignorance, but why would anyone use this (pricey) service? I am not trying to be "cute" here, but can't this be done for free???

Not trying offend anyone, so please don't take it that way... Just really curious.

There are many real estate agents who use DB to market a property, what seems pricey to you may not be to a broker, especially if he or she is selling a multi-million dollar property.

When you say "done for free" are you assuming the agent will do this?

When you say "done for free" are you assuming the agent will do this?

No, Sir, I was assuming the photographer was doing all the work. Perhaps I'm wrongly understanding what they do. I was under the impression that it was a pano hosting service that you sent your images to, they would stitch them, and then host a pano on a unique URL that you could embed in a tour that folks folks could see, and also manipulate.

For the above, the photographer can just create the pano and upload it to a host like youtube or vizor.io to do the same. If that is incorrect (regarding DB), I do apologize - sorry. Must have missed something when I looked at the website.....or, looked at the wrong website altogether; what I saw was some pretty expensive monthly plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyle_braden00
Oh, wait. I think I understand. The real estate broker goes to DroneBase rather than going direct to you as the photo service provider. Sort of a "talent agent" for us, the photographers, who come onboard/sign up for their team? A middle man, so to speak?

Sorry, I did get that wrong. My apologies. Whoops.

Oh, wait. I think I understand. The real estate broker goes to DroneBase rather than going direct to you as the photo service provider. Sort of a "talent agent" for us, the photographers, who come onboard/sign up for their team? A middle man, so to speak?

Sorry, I did get that wrong. My apologies. Whoops.
Exactly. they are the middle man, pros and cons. Its a great place to get your foot in the door and possibly make a little money but you're not going to get rich unless you're being assigned a whole bunch of client missions (and there were some who had in places like Houston and Oklahoma). I've enjoyed working for them.

Exactly. they are the middle man, pros and cons. Its a great place to get your foot in the door and possibly make a little money but you're not going to get rich unless you're being assigned a whole bunch of client missions (and there were some who had in places like Houston and Oklahoma). I've enjoyed working for them.
I have 114 missions and 2 clients for DB. Less than a $1000 paid. It seems they are not selling as well lately. Anyone else experience the same?

I have 114 missions and 2 clients for DB. Less than a $1000 paid. It seems they are not selling as well lately. Anyone else experience the same?
As far as Panos its going to depend where you're located and also we are in the last part of the year, things tend to slow down around the holidays. I know someone in Arizona and they are selling Panos. Not to many client missions where I'm at, going to have to wait till the spring when we start getting hail storms again!

As far as Panos its going to depend where you're located and also we are in the last part of the year, things tend to slow down around the holidays. I know someone in Arizona and they are selling Panos. Not to many client missions where I'm at, going to have to wait till the spring when we start getting hail storms again!
Do you do work for anyone else? I do some for Quickview and couple of others.

Mostly roof inspections. Paid $75 to $300 is my experience.

Just google them and look for pilot app. If you have any questions let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20