No More Flying at Park

These things are just getting harder and harder to fly. I've had my P3 sitting in a box for over a month. Though some of these citations could be challenged, I wouldn't want to deal with these.

Not to get off topic... I'm no attorney but I'm guessing that any such law would easily be illegal. Not that it would be worth fighting (which is what they hope people don't do... nor do they care as they are not held accountable). But if it's legal in the state and your not causing any harm to anyone, I don't see that they can make something that is legal, illegal to do.

Isn't something legal by default until a law is passed making it illegal?

For example, it used to be legal in most places to talk on your cell phone and drive at the same time. Now it is illegal in many places due to the passage of new laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cfd701
Not to get off topic... I'm no attorney but I'm guessing that any such law would easily be illegal. Not that it would be worth fighting (which is what they hope people don't do... nor do they care as they are not held accountable). But if it's legal in the state and your not causing any harm to anyone, I don't see that they can make something that is legal, illegal to do.

It's been happening since, like, forever. Towns, cities, counties, states, they can all vote in ordinances and laws.

If you have enough people that don't like something, they can get together and have it outlawed in their sphere of influence.

Hahaaaa so I don't want to face the backlash of this comment, but if we just trust the equipment, taking proper steps in preflight, checking the area the we fly, being aware and mindful of obstacles etc., hahaaaaa fly in an inconspicuous spot and no one should know where or who the pilot of the drone is :) I've never had a problem flying my drone...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The property owner (in this case The Anderson Twp Park District) has the right to restrict the operation of UAV's and other R/C aircraft from their parks. This was park rule was adopted June 23, 2015 and more then likely posted.

http://www.andersonparks.com/uploads/DroneLegalNotice.pdf

Ok all....

I went and spoke with the office today. I got out with only a warning, as it was my first time. If I fly again, then I can be fined up to $250...

Now, I've thought about standing off property, and flying from there... can they do anything to me then? I wouldn't be technically "on" their property then, take off and land off site, and just flying over the park using public airspace...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: mikesmiley
Hahaaaa so I don't want to face the backlash of this comment, but if we just trust the equipment, taking proper steps in preflight, checking the area the we fly, being aware and mindful of obstacles etc., hahaaaaa fly in an inconspicuous spot and no one should know where or who the pilot of the drone is :) I've never had a problem flying my drone...

My thought exactly... Base myself off property and use the FPV cam to fly, shouldn't be too easy to find me...

Ok all....

I went and spoke with the office today. I got out with only a warning, as it was my first time. If I fly again, then I can be fined up to $250...

Now, I've thought about standing off property, and flying from there... can they do anything to me then? I wouldn't be technically "on" their property then, take off and land off site, and just flying over the park using public airspace...

Why even bother being just off property???? I mean you have a drone that can fly ehhhh we'll say a mile in any direction from you... Ok half mile... Post up down the street, launch, kick back, and know that you aren't gonna be getting a tap on your shoulder :) just saying buddy. Why push the limit to just beyond the boundary when you can be flying in total ninja mode hahaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

SECTION 19 - PENALTIES

Any person violating any of the foregoing rules and regulations and any amendments or additions thereto shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined in any sum not exceeding one hundred ($100.00) dollars for the first offense, nor more than five hundred ($500.00) dollars for each second or further offense; Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Sections 511.23 and 511.99 and Resolution 2/90 of the Anderson Park District.

Looks like you got over charged :)
Not only that, he was NOT convicted.

Ok all....

...If I fly again, then I can be fined up to $250...

The posted ordinance specifically says "UPON CONVICTION". The park officials can't fine you squat. They may be able to issue you a citation but only the court, UPON CONVICTION, can actually fine you.

That's what I do...

Isn't something legal by default until a law is passed making it illegal?

For example, it used to be legal in most places to talk on your cell phone and drive at the same time. Now it is illegal in many places due to the passage of new laws.

True. But those are two acts done at the same time. Smoking is just one thing. Point is, they are making it illegal in an area that has no other affect on anyone. Sorry to get further of topic... they could not make smoking illegal so they finally just made it illegal to do anywhere. Basically a clear end run around what should be allowed. I don't smoke and I don't think anyone should smoke but I also think we need to stop legislating morality and educating people. Same way with drone flying. Don't stop the millions who fly responsibly by making laws against those extreme few. There will _always_ be idiots. Better to educate people and penalize only those that create a problem.

Reactions: Valkster
If you have enough people that don't like something, they can get together and have it outlawed in their sphere of influence.
The _real_ shame is you don't need a lot of people. You usually only need 5 or 6 people who make these regulations and someone with a friend of money to bend their ear. They think making regulations and laws is how they create a perfect world. Don't like something, regulate it.

I'm frustrated by these bans as well. It's actually two aspects of the bans that bother me. First, these are enacted locally and there is no consistency to where these restrictions are posted so it makes it almost impossible to know if it's cool to fly or not. The park posts them one place (website) and the beach doesn't post them anywhere. The second thing that bothers me is that it seems that they are overly restrictive in general. If the FAA creates a set of regulations that govern the safe operation of our drones, and we're following those, we should be cool. I'm hoping that once Part 107 is law on August 29th, that passing the test and being deemed a drone "Pilot" might carry a little more weight and exempt us from these bans. I was so frustrated that I did a clip on it -

The inconsistent patchwork of rules is maddening. Town to town, county to county and state to state, rules are different, their enforcement are different, and their rationales are different. FAA needs to step in

The property owner (in this case The Anderson Twp Park District) has the right to restrict the operation of UAV's and other R/C aircraft from their parks. This was park rule was adopted June 23, 2015 and more then likely posted.

http://www.andersonparks.com/uploads/DroneLegalNotice.pdf
Except one small teenie weenie little thing. IT ISN'T their frapping park. It is ours. These communist :) beauracrats begin to think they own this **** when they are on our payroll. Get involved, people. Go to meetings, vote. Get rid of them. It is preferable to the way they have begun to get rid of dirty cops.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20