No Live Feed...Possibility?

Reaction score
Well...I've read the hundreds of posts of the P2+ losing live feed...
I wrote DJI 2 weeks ago, of course with no response.

My question is however, I took my P2+ out of the hard shell case that was in a closet the other week to go take some pics. The last time I used it (about 8 months prior) everything worked perfect. No crash, nothing.
I go to test everything before flight...telemetry worked. No live feed.
The only thing I changed would have been updating my phone IOS and the DJI app.

So is this still a case of a bad WIFI module that needs to be replaced? How could it be? Has anyone tested old versions of the DJI app to see if it fixes the no live feed problem?

Btw...if the only fix is to replace the wifi module...I'm about to have a perfect condition P2+ with case for sale :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Bknbpr1
I tried all the app stuff and everything else the general explanation is they die from heat. Lots of reports of them being stored then not working when taken out. I replaced mine with one from cheap crashed drone on ebay and it worked fine just be sure to ask questions of seller. If you only look for the module everyone knows the are hard to get i have see them from 100 to 200 dollars. search about the wifi module for the 2 vision plus its all there. Or look in the help forum this is the discussion forum.

RCBill

Hey All,

This is also the case with storing the lightbridge 1 for too long. It loses the firmware. I followed the instructions from Gaucho on the thread about bad firmware and solution for lightbridge and it worked! Point is, on the 14th page, there is a user who did the exact same on his wifi module and it brought it back to life!!!

I have 2 wifi modules from my phantom 2 V+ that I thought over heated. I saved them and now want to try this on them. It worked for my lightbridge. If I have some time next week I will give it a shot.

Hey All,

This is also the case with storing the lightbridge 1 for too long. It loses the firmware. I followed the instructions from Gaucho on the thread about bad firmware and solution for lightbridge and it worked! Point is, on the 14th page, there is a user who did the exact same on his wifi module and it brought it back to life!!!

I have 2 wifi modules from my phantom 2 V+ that I thought over heated. I saved them and now want to try this on them. It worked for my lightbridge. If I have some time next week I will give it a shot.

I think you're right. I just took my Phantom 2 vision plus 3.0 out of storage after a year of not flying. When I charged everything up and took it out for flight, the video feed was black. All the telemetry data was coming in, but no video. So, I am now researching and finding many other folks are having the same issue after long periods of storage. I am not very tech oriented, but can do a little. How the heck do I flash the NAND?

Last edited:
I think you're right. I just took my Phantom 2 vision plus 3.0 out of storage after a year of not flying. When I charged everything up and took it out for flight, the video feed was black. All the telemetry data was coming in, but no video. So, I am now researching and finding many other folks are having the same issue after long periods of storage. I am not very tech oriented, but can do a little. How the heck do I flash the NAND?
From reading other posts it sounds like there are 2 issues causing this. One is that the NAND memory corrupts after not powering phantom, and or light bridge after months time.

The other issue seems to be from the Go app. I switched to light Bridge so did not experience this problem. It sounds like the go app recommends you update the firmware on the wifi repeater on your remote and Burns\corrupts the firmware on that end.

If you did not update the firmware in the go app, I think you have a better chance at restoring functionality.

I am hoping to purchase a wifi repeater soon so I can attempt this flashing firmware to my wifi modules.

I will post my results in a few weeks.

From reading other posts it sounds like there are 2 issues causing this. One is that the NAND memory corrupts after not powering phantom, and or light bridge after months time.

The other issue seems to be from the Go app. I switched to light Bridge so did not experience this problem. It sounds like the go app recommends you update the firmware on the wifi repeater on your remote and Burns\corrupts the firmware on that end.

If you did not update the firmware in the go app, I think you have a better chance at restoring functionality.

I am hoping to purchase a wifi repeater soon so I can attempt this flashing firmware to my wifi modules.

I will post my results in a few weeks.

I hope you are right. I did not update through the DJI app. I just had it on the shelf for a long time. When I powered it up a few days ago, I didn't see anything pop up on the DJI app, so I think I'm safe from that issue? Is there any way to fix the NAND through the DJI's firmware updates?

I hope you are right. I did not update through the DJI app. I just had it on the shelf for a long time. When I powered it up a few days ago, I didn't see anything pop up on the DJI app, so I think I'm safe from that issue? Is there any way to fix the NAND through the DJI's firmware updates?
No, because since the firmware is corrupted, the WiFi module no longer shows up as a device. Flashing the firmware back, allows it to be seen as a separate device.
I know the light bridge ground station for example is supposed to show up as 3 devices. When firmware corrupts, you only see one. After the flash, all 3 show up again.

No, because since the firmware is corrupted, the WiFi module no longer shows up as a device. Flashing the firmware back, allows it to be seen as a separate device.
I know the light bridge ground station for example is supposed to show up as 3 devices. When firmware corrupts, you only see one. After the flash, all 3 show up again.

Ok..thanks. I'm not sure that I ever hooked up my Wifi extender to update the firmware anyways? Can't remember since it's been so long on the shelf. So, I would be greatful to anyone that can walk me through flashing my wifi extender back to life? Do you flash it through the mini usb connecter?

Ok..thanks. I'm not sure that I ever hooked up my Wifi extender to update the firmware anyways? Can't remember since it's been so long on the shelf. So, I would be greatful to anyone that can walk me through flashing my wifi extender back to life? Do you flash it through the mini usb connecter?
I need to follow up with the person who did this to clear a few things up.

No, you will need to open your phantom and remove the WiFi module. This repair is not for the wifi repeater on your remote. It is for the internal wifi module inside the phantom.

Once you remove the wifi module, you will need to open it and solder 3 cables to the bottom card.

I hope to post some pics if this works. First I need to purchase a wifi repeater from eBay so I can confirm this works.

I just had my P2+ returned from DJI. Had the exact issue. Stored for about 6-8 months. Took it out to fly and NO FPV. Telemetry worked fine. Flies fine. Just no feed. Of course it is out of warranty.

I argued on the phone 2 -3 times with DJI. They asked me to send it in which I did. A week later they said it would cost $225 (Or about that) to fix and send back. That the WiFi extender was bad.

My P2+ has been treated with great care. Never crashed. Always kept up to date. I asked that my case move up to higher management. That I did nothing to cause any of this. Why would I have to pay? As you know, if you are reading this, this whole thing is not isolated to a few people. I sent DJI a list of posts (I will go back and find them PM me if you want) from people with same issue.

There is just no way we all just happen to have this issue. It has to be either a bad part or bad update, by DJI, that is causing this.

They finally came back and covered ALL COSTS. I just tested the unit this morning and FPV is back. So....to anyone with this same thing....I will send you whatever you need. They covered my repair and should cover anyone else with this same problem.

I just had my P2+ returned from DJI. Had the exact issue. Stored for about 6-8 months. Took it out to fly and NO FPV. Telemetry worked fine. Flies fine. Just no feed. Of course it is out of warranty.

I argued on the phone 2 -3 times with DJI. They asked me to send it in which I did. A week later they said it would cost $225 (Or about that) to fix and send back. That the WiFi extender was bad.

My P2+ has been treated with great care. Never crashed. Always kept up to date. I asked that my case move up to higher management. That I did nothing to cause any of this. Why would I have to pay? As you know, if you are reading this, this whole thing is not isolated to a few people. I sent DJI a list of posts (I will go back and find them PM me if you want) from people with same issue.

There is just no way we all just happen to have this issue. It has to be either a bad part or bad update, by DJI, that is causing this.

They finally came back and covered ALL COSTS. I just tested the unit this morning and FPV is back. So....to anyone with this same thing....I will send you whatever you need. They covered my repair and should cover anyone else with this same problem.

Thanks for the info Airborne. I'm going to call them next week and see if they'll fix mine as well. I'm in the same boat. I took very good care of my Phantom 2 plus. Seems odd that the hardware would need power to keep its memory on that chip? Please let me know who you talked to as that might help my cause.

thanks

Thanks for the info Airborne. I'm going to call them next week and see if they'll fix mine as well. I'm in the same boat. I took very good care of my Phantom 2 plus. Seems odd that the hardware would need power to keep its memory on that chip? Please let me know who you talked to as that might help my cause.

thanks
I went back and forth with a few people. The last email I got, where they said they would cover the cost of the repair, is below. Also this is part of the last email I sent to them showing how many people are having this issue.

(This was my last email)

You released and forced a faulty update that bricked many many machines and I am responsible now? A quick search in Google shows that DJI caused HUNDREDS of users this same exact issue with your update. My machine was in a closet working perfect!

The text below is just a sampling on what is out there. I am not unreasonable to request that DJI cover this entire cost. It has nothing to do with how the unit was treated. It was a forced update by DJI that broke my machine and it is only right that you stand by your product.

I would like this case sent to a manager in support and to have them review what is going on and contact me directly. Tim at DJI said that these would be covered due to the faulty update. You need to stand behind your product or you will continue to lose loyal customers like myself. How could we possibly upgrade our products if you do not stand behind an issue that you, NOT the consumer, caused. Think about what we see.....the unit comes out of warranty, you send a FORCED update that fries our machine, then you don't stand behind it? That's criminal. Please forward to the next manager in control at support.

======================

Having all the same issues. Both Android app and the iPhone app caused no live video feed with the forced update. I know it is a DJI issue since it happened to 2 other family members and myself at the same time since we were flying together that day. DJI needs to fix their screw up. Go to Google pay store and read all the reviews of lost video feed. DJI must have one big carpet to sweep this problem under. Shame on DJI! All of us have the Vision 2

===========================
DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-12 14:30
Users with this issue can get in touch with local DJI support center to get the range extender modu ...
View full quote
Tim,
Are you acknowledging there was a problem?
Are DJI going to cover all costs with shipping the RE both ways etc. or what is the actual deal here?.....
This bricking thing has gone on too long and DJI have yet to acknowledge anything in the way of a problem or real fix or suggestion etc.....basically seems that unless someone is screaming or otherwise you are trying to charge folks to repair a problem that DJI caused through a bad software update...
What is up with that?
The lack of response to this is frankly quite pathetic....
I get the P3's and P4's are keeping your folks occupied but the P2 is not that old...
I paid a heck of a lot less for other technologies that manufacturers gladly support and warranty well past anything close what DJI have for known issues and those manufacturers are not short on acknowledging a problem and will rectify it as they want their clients back....

This is a huge problem. The forced upgrade somehow killed my range extender, I was in a bind had to go to local tech support and buy a new one. They were completely unaware of this forced upgrade. Phatom 2 vis +

Dirt, it will be interesting to see how DJI tackles this one. If the extender is not working then the new update will not help. I hope they have a lot of spares to send out to replace all the bricked ones. Cannot see the end user having to send their Phantoms to DJI because of a problem DJI created! That's just not right!

Update: What a horrible company. They needed my proof of purchase twice to verify that I'm the original buyer and to see if it's still under warranty. They apparently are so incompetent that my original submission of the proof of purchase wasn't tied to the creation of my Case number.

Each phone call was a minimum of a 30 minute wait and often 45 minutes to an hour. I was 'accidentally disconnected' TWICE forcing me to go to the end of the queue and waiting again. The first level of 'support' is less than useless while the supervisors/managers aren't all that helpful either.

A supervisor promised an immediate call back 'within an hour' which tuned out to be an email response 3 days later offering a 50% discount on the repair...to the bricked Range Extender which THEIR update CAUSED. After another hour on the phone, rejecting this offer, a supervisor asked the head of the warranty department to cover it and was turned down.

Even at a 50% discount ($133), they are still profiting A LOT on these components. It's unacceptable for a company to intentionally or accidentally release a software update that renders a product useless, and then profiting off of the repairs.

DJI is a horrible company to deal with and I don't trust them at all. You've lost me as a customer.

Sorry to say you have just joined the countless others that have the same issue. As of right now there is nothing that I have found that works. DJI seems to be avoiding this issue.

All we can do is keep complaining until DJI does the right thing...FIX THEIR SCREW UP AT THEIR EXPENSE.

Sounds like a massive ****-up!, more importantly
IT'S NONE OF OUR FAULTS !!
So DJI what now?
We are all in charge of an expensive "brick" that none of us can do
anything about, or rectify!.
Why should we have to potentially bear the cost of replacing our Wi-Fi extenders
when it is not our fault !!
I have a P2 Vision +, and a P3 Advanced.
Want to know the best part !!
I have had my Vision from new for 8 months AND,
(Due to severe ill Health for 6 months)
HAVE NEVER EVER FLOWN IT, OR EVEN TAKEN IT OFF !!
So you could say that I am really miffed !! that I have bought a potential £800 ornament for the bookcase.
I have just recently bought the P3A, ready for a well deserved cruise to Norway in a months time.
I will be taking the P3A, and hopefully will fly it trouble free!
but it looks like the Vision will be standing on the bookcase waving me off !!!
Come on DJI lets have some answers for us avid DJI Customers !!

I've tried a countless number of times to persuade the support guys at DJI, both in the US and China, that they caused this problem. Fortunately I have a Phantom 3 to continue my work. They want us to send the P2 in for "repair" which will cost us all. I've ordered a fresh, new in the box, RE700 off EBay, which hopefully has the original firmware, brought my IOS DJI app to an older version (it was 1.0.58 that caused the issue), I'll receive the RE700 on Monday and give it a shot. I'll call support, tell them what I found, and if nothing is done my team of 21 Phantoms, mostly 2's will change brands. Stills for Realtors can be done with the Yuneec Typhoon, so we'll just write the Phantom's off as a loss. AND we'll make it known to every club in the northeast (USA) to NOT BUY DJI. Buy the way, there's an IOS update for DJI Go which I refuse to bring down, who knows, my P3 may brick.

The people of DJI must be absolutely nuts! I have the black screen problem too, I have been asked to do hours of ridicules updates that don't work and waiting weeks for reply. Finally I ask to send it to them for repair. Some person named Blair.Tang send me an email to state to send copy of the original invoice to him before returning it. 5 minutes later I get a mail saying "Your request (173062) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.". And further "thanks for the info,. It is okay Kindly note the aircraft is out of warranty period".

So DJI broke the thing with their software update and now running away like chickens not being responsible for their wrong doings. UNBELIVEABLE!

Summary -- The only current way I'm aware of to correct this issue is to get a different range extender, and, potentially, a different camera. You can do this via sending the camera and range extender to DJI for repair. Or, you can purchase a different range extender from other sources (e.g. eBay). Considering the issues I had with their support, and the month it took to get the unit repaired, if I had it to do again, I would probably opt for purchasing a used unit off of eBay. It would have cost, but I would have saved a lot of time and frustration.

Suffice to say that my customer experience and frustration over the last month aligns with the experiences of other customers. DJI has a solid hardware platform. Unfortunately, their lack of customer service/communication is going to drive their customers away. Given this experience, I will not be purchasing another DJI product.

Well since DJI are completely useless when it comes to customer support, and all they seem to do is alienate their customers. I purchased, at my own expense, a new RE500 range extender from ebay, and can report that i am now back to being fully operational.

I can't say that i could ever recommend a DJI product after this (even though I quite like them) and will never be purchasing DJI again. The support is substantially sub-par and they have not done the right thing by me or any of their other customers who are affected by this issue.

Sweep it under the rug! It'll go away!

_--------------------------------------

This is DJI response from my last email that says they will cover the cost...which they did. I now have my unit back and working!! Thank you DJI.

On Feb 8, 2017 2:45 PM, "DJI Support_US" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Thomas,

During internal testing, we were only able to recreate the firmware upgrade FPV problem with the Phantom 2 Visions, not the Plus models. However, this appears to be the same issue to me, since only the wifi module is listed on the invoice, there was no impact damage, and you've said it only happened after that firmware upgrade. So I was able to get this repair cost covered outside of the warranty coverage period. You can disregard the invoice, and you'll be updated on the repair progress via automatic emails.

Best Regards,
Jake
DJI NA Repair Admin

DJI is dedicated to offering everyone a flying camera platform and taking photography to new heights. The DJI VISION App is associated with the PHANTOM 2 VISION. It allows full remote camera control through a mobile device. This App is only for the operation of the PHANTOM 2 VISION.
You can download in here: Free dji-vision APK download | mmaapk.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20