No Link Button on my P3 4K

Reaction score
Tech support and the manual refer to a link button on the aircraft but I have now had 2 refurbed units from DJI and neither has this button. Is this normal?

I am new to this and picked up a refurbed unit to learn. Seemed like a good price and better than getting a cheap drone as a throw away ;-)

Jim

Tech support and the manual refer to a link button on the aircraft but I have now had 2 refurbed units from DJI and neither has this button. Is this normal?

I am new to this and picked up a refurbed unit to learn. Seemed like a good price and better than getting a cheap drone as a throw away,,,,no should have link button here
Screenshot_20180614-090759.jpg

Can you see this part where arrow direction shows,only way they could be missing is if broken ,from memory this does happen on occasion somehow,,and might hear a rattle inside

Wow, that is not where tech support said that it should be, nor where their photo showed it being, but by Golly, there it is! Thanks for that ianzone.

I have had them tell me to send the unit back to them twice as they were convinced that I was crazy that the button was not located on the side of the visual flight pod.

Glad to know where it is if and when I ever need to relink or replace the remote.

Jim

After two weeks of coping with the dreaded RC Lost syndrome and watching videos galore about how to resync the remote to the aircraft I come hat in hand to ask the experts how to do it. There is NO sync button or opening on my P34K except the two small ports ( holes). The one on the left where the light is supposed to be and the one on right where the recessed button is supposed to be. Removing the cover reveals a small square rubber cover that covers the "light" one with nothing between the cover and the plastic shell. The other is just a hole with nothing on the inside. No sign there was ever anything on the inside of this panel and there has not been a reason it was to be used before now. There is no "hole" anywhere on the remainder of the housing to be used in its stead. The P3 was purchased new and has worked OK until about a month ago. Attempts to resync using all the other technics without pressing a sync button have been fruitless.

Can someone help?

Jack

Is you sure you try this one,,I have to log out (low on data)but will chime in
Screenshot_20180619-145216.jpg

There is no other opening on the entire aircraft other than the two I mentioned.

There is no other opening on the entire aircraft other than the two I mentioned.
Um sorry late reply,,are you able to post a picture,,the p3 and p34k have link button where I show,its sounds to me like you remove vps cover thinking those 2 holes are for linking.phantom 3pro has those for linking otherwise it's what I show in picture,,post picture of front tag on drone so we know what it is,if it p34k it will say on front tag,p3s will have standed and so on

Um sorry late reply,,are you able to post a picture,,the p3 and p34k have link button where I show,its sounds to me like you remove vps cover thinking those 2 holes are for linking.phantom 3pro has those for linking otherwise it's what I show in picture,,post picture of front tag on drone so we know what it is,if it p34k it will say on front tag,p3s will have standed and so on

Sounding a bit foolish, I recall when I received it new, the battery would not eject and stayed jammed inside. I requested return and sent it back to DJI. I received a replacement thereafter but realized it was the same unit. Apparently, they replaced the lower shell and it only had the two holes I mentioned before and did not have the larger one in your picture. I took it apart and found the led and so called lync button discussed. I carefully drilled an access hole and attempted the rc link processes numerous times. Good news , I found the synchro access and bad news the blue light on the remote times out and doesn’t synchronize . I’ll continue to try to make this thing work. Thanks very much for your help.

Found this post from @Oso
Screenshot_20180622-174429.jpg
this method of holding in these buttons and then turn on remote might reset your remote,,,old dji ay couldn't put the link button back ,glad you found it,yes method above might be easy for you for someone to turn remote on for you,it's a bit finger stretching

Revisiting the thread a bit later....never got the remote synced with the a/c. After replacing the main board with a new one supposedly for the 4K brings the question, did I really receive the correct board and/or processor? Saw many comments on line and from those selling the DJI parts that the board I bought should work on the 4K, Pro, etc as well. I have no idea if that is the case. I see the “processor” with the SIM card underneath. There are numbers on top of the plastic processor box that are different from the one replaced. Am I jumping at straws or the old one, 03Z06 77511, is different from the new one, 03Z06 21091 and not compatible? As you can see, I don’t know the proper id nomenclature. How about the old board numbers, 07100 00101, vs 007100 001YL. Can someone tell me if chasing rabbits or are these the equivalent components and I’m simply not smart enough to fly this thing again?

Revisiting the thread a bit later....never got the remote synced with the a/c. After replacing the main board with a new one supposedly for the 4K brings the question, did I really receive the correct board and/or processor? Saw many comments on line and from those selling the DJI parts that the board I bought should work on the 4K, Pro, etc as well. I have no idea if that is the case. I see the “processor” with the SIM card underneath. There are numbers on top of the plastic processor box that are different from the one replaced. Am I jumping at straws or the old one, 03Z06 77511, is different from the new one, 03Z06 21091 and not compatible? As you can see, I don’t know the proper id nomenclature. How about the old board numbers, 07100 00101, vs 007100 001YL. Can someone tell me if chasing rabbits or are these the equivalent components and I’m simply not smart enough to fly this thing again?
OK your drone give me a headache, my p34k got some stress cracks so I get Hamer and tools out to have a look inside mine,,will post picture when I'm in there :eek:the skillsaw work

Last edited by a moderator:
OK your drone give me a headache, my p34k got some stress cracks so I get Hamer and tools out to have a look inside mine,,will post picture when I'm in there :eek:
...I just leave like this incase you want to see more,or if I not show the right part,
1531034005436287785023.jpg
153103407846025470355.jpg
1531034123007909279511.jpg
:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member