No legs ?

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just asking quickly, I've upgraded to a P3 ADV now so no need to worry.
I was wondering where abouts you can mount the compass if there are no legs? I took the legs off on purpose because it looks so **** cool ahah. If there's a place to mount the compass I would definitely recommend it to try. Thanks guys!
dee461c97534e9908cced09d2f295174.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do you land it, with no landing gear/skids?
What are you trying to accomplish with that Legless Phantom?
What do you find cool about its looks, like this? Not my choice.

RedHotPoker

Might make sense if you had no camera. Unless the compass won't work unless it's in the legs. Maybe try placing the compass on the belly? This is new territory, so I think you're just gonna have to try different places and see if it works.

Welcome to the site! And keep us posted. ;)

Reactions: peterepeat69
A lot of posts in the early P1 thread (in the RCGroups forum) discussed control problems users were having when the the compass wasn't properly mounted on the correct leg.

Since correct orientation of the compass is a "MUST" on ANY Phantom, you're only asking for serious control problems if you play around with how how the compass is positioned/mounted.

The chances are good that if you take off this way, you would lose control of the P1 and you wouldn't be able to stop it from flying away.... :eek:

Been trying it in different configurations ahah. Decided it would be best to remove it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No issues at all believe it or not GPS still works fine Looks cool and is fun aha

Lots of multirotors have the GPS board which includes the compass mounted on top of the aircraft. If you want to fly legless, you could mount the compass on top. Just make sure it is pointed the right direction and is far enough away from other things which might confuse it.
Here is my Dex quad without legs. I launch it from a plastic bucket to keep props out of the tall grass.

Attachments

• Dex on launch bucket.jpg
    Dex on launch bucket.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 422
I have a DJI F450 and hard mounted a GoPro underneath (no gimbal). I used a bucket to launch and land the craft since the landing legs were too short for the camera.

Hey guys. Just asking quickly, I've upgraded to a P3 ADV now so no need to worry.
I was wondering where abouts you can mount the compass if there are no legs? I took the legs off on purpose because it looks so **** cool ahah. If there's a place to mount the compass I would definitely recommend it to try. Thanks guys!
dee461c97534e9908cced09d2f295174.jpg

Looks cool, will be interested to see how it works. It's good to have people thinking out of the box against these nay Sayers... Keep us posted

Works well. Apparently doesn't need a compass to work at all. I'm flying manual as well so doesn't need the compass anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers