"No Internet Connection?"

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Standard. Worked beautifully for last year and a half and tried to fly today and when I select "Phantom" in wifi settings (Ipad) it recognizes the drone with a check mark but says, "no internet connection" and that's as far as I can get. Ideas? thanks

Phantom 3 Standard. Worked beautifully for last year and a half and tried to fly today and when I select "Phantom" in wifi settings (Ipad) it recognizes the drone with a check mark but says, "no internet connection" and that's as far as I can get. Ideas? thanks
I don't have a P3S, but I have seen this question here so often that I think I can chime in. What you described is normal for a P3S since your device connects to your Phantom's wifi which doesn't have access to the internet. You should always see that message or something similar since your P3S is not connected to the Internet. Click here for a few related threads.

Not sure what you mean by "that's as far as I can get". Can you elaborate?

Your P3S telling you it has no internet connection is normal. It can't connect to the bird and the internet at the same time, nor do you need it to. You don't need an internet connection to fly. Just fly like you always have.

Mine only started saying that a While back after an update. Other than it telling me it wasn't connected to the internet (which has ALWAYS been true and I already knew, it just never TOLD me that), it still works like it always did.

"WiFi" is often thought of as being synonymous with "internet" because we often connect our phones, tablets, etc., to the internet VIA WiFi. However, the two terms are NOT synonymous. Replace the term "WiFi" with "radio connection". I can use "radio connection" to connect to the internet, to open my garage, to lock and unlock my car, etc. but only one of those has anything to do with the internet. WiFi is just a method of communicating with radio waves. It may or may not have anything to do with the internet. In the case of your drone, it's simply a method for communicating with the drone and has nothing to do with the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philltayl and Meta4
Long story short, YOUR PHANTOM 3 DOES NOT HAVE INTERNET ON IT. That message you are getting is correct and that's exactly how it's supposed to work. If you don't know the difference between "internet" and "wifi", you should ask Uncle Google.

Long story short, YOUR PHANTOM 3 DOES NOT HAVE INTERNET ON IT. That message you are getting is correct and that's exactly how it's supposed to work. If you don't know the difference between "internet" and "wifi", you should ask Uncle Google.
Why then does the P3S DJIGo app offer the "Livestream" to YouTube for example?

Why then does the P3S DJIGo app offer the "Livestream" to YouTube for example?
Because some mobile devices have the ability to connect to the P3S with wifi while simultaneously connecting to the internet with the cellular network.

Because some mobile devices have the ability to connect to the P3S with wifi while simultaneously connecting to the internet with the cellular network.
Okay, that's good to know. How can I find which mobile devices have that capacity?

TIA

Okay, that's good to know. How can I find which mobile devices have that capacity?

TIA
One high level way to narrow it down is that Android devices do not support livestreaming with a P3S but iOS devices do support it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers