No information focal length and sensor pixel size in P4 .

Reaction score
In photo editing programs like Lightroom and programs as Agisoft Photoscan , information related to my P4 photographs as the focal length of the lens and the pixel size of the sensor, do not appear.

Could anyone help ?

Myron:

As you may have realised, the "35mm-equivalent" value doesn't help you very much, because it is based on the relationship between the diagonal of a sensor and the focal length of the lens. I can tell you that the Phantom 4 's lens is roughly equivalent to a 150mm focal-length lens on an aerial camera taking 23 cm x 23 cm film, but that probably doesn't help much either. :cool:

The actual 'real' focal length of the Phantom 4 lens is 3.61 mm, and the field of view is 94 degrees. The sensor is a 1/2.3" with dimensions of 6.17 x 4.55 mm. If your software picks up EXIF values from the imagery, it will show a focal length of 3.61 mm. The sensor after cropping gives you an image area of 3992 x 2442 pixels, fairly close to the 4000x2500 advertised resolution. From those figures you can calculate the pixel size, if you still need to.

I have found it useful to know that, at a distance of 1 metre from the lens, the width of the zone covered [long axis] is 1.7 metres [pixel size at plane about 0.45 mm] and at 2 metres from the lens the zone is 3.4 metres wide and a pixel is about 0.85 mm wide].

Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

Reactions: Dirty Bird
In photo editing programs like Lightroom and programs as Agisoft Photoscan , information related to my P4 photographs as the focal length of the lens and the pixel size of the sensor, do not appear.
Camera data is stored inside every image file you shoot - it's called Exif info.
This example shows some of the Exif info displayed in Photoshop
i-BjgGk23-XL.jpg

This tells you how to display Exif info in Lightroom:
EXIF Data: What It Is & Why You Need It Now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj