No image transmission signal

Reaction score
I am brand new to the drone world. And recently purchased a Phantom 4 pro. I have been unable to use it due to the camera not sending an image on my screen. I have updated with the most recent firmware from the DJI wed sight and I have formatted my SD card. Sometimes if I pull the Sd card & then power down the drone. Wait 10secs power back up the drone it will turn on for a few seconds. But it always looses camera transmission. Does anyone know how to fix this problem with the Phantom 4 Pro? Thank you in advance!

I am brand new to the drone world. And recently purchased a Phantom 4 pro. I have been unable to use it due to the camera not sending an image on my screen. I have updated with the most recent firmware from the DJI wed sight and I have formatted my SD card. Sometimes if I pull the Sd card & then power down the drone. Wait 10secs power back up the drone it will turn on for a few seconds. But it always looses camera transmission. Does anyone know how to fix this problem with the Phantom 4 Pro? Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties. I'm sure you're anxious to fly.

Is the drone new, out of the box? Or was it purchased used? What exactly do you see on your mobile device? Have you tried viewing the maps?

The first thing I would do is re-install the GO app on your mobile device. The second thing I would try is swapping out the cable between your controller and your mobile device.

IF your not savvy...on installs and uninstalls : Just be sure that you "Uninstall" the Go Pro app before you install another one....Good Luck and Larbear did a great job informing you above !

Thank you for all the help!
I have....
1. Switched cables.
2. Updated all firmware.
3. Formatted the SD Card.
4. Uninstalled Go app & reinstalled it.
If you pull the SD Card and power down the drone. Wait 10 seconds. Power backup. It will sometimes come on. But only for a few seconds. And then the camera view on my screen turns off and in the top left corner it will read No camera transmission signal. Any other ideas?

0878DD6D-5002-4A85-9A42-0330A676031A.jpeg
0878DD6D-5002-4A85-9A42-0330A676031A.jpeg

Hi just idea while I was reading,,,try imu calibration because you have no other info onscreen where say ""NA""""should be drone info along there,,,also look at your transmission channel setting,,it's on auto now but can make it custom to single channel if better

Hi just idea while I was reading,,,try imu calibration because you have no other info onscreen where say ""NA""""should be drone info along there,,,also look at your transmission channel setting,,it's on auto now but can make it custom to single channel if better
Good idea. No camera info is being displayed. It almost sounds as if it's disconnected. Maybe just a loose ribbon cable.

I've seen this issue discussed on the DJI forum and I think it was happening right after updates. If this AC is new, it may be easier to take it back and get another one.

I would take it back. But it was bought on line and it took a really long time to get here. So before I send it back and wait for money to be referred; I thought I would try everything I can first. I did try a different Sd-card that didn’t do anything.

Ni I’m not able to record or take snap shots. But i can control all motion with the controls. Just zero imaging.

My new P4 V 2.0 had same problem. My new iPad simply would not display video except the very first image when the drone connected. I switched to an old iPhone 6 and also an older iPad and all is well! Don’t know why.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

View attachment 106980
I’m not sure what the heck is going on with this dang thing. I tried using an older IPad and an I6 plus phone and it did nothing. Then I shut everything down and try my newer iPad again. And now it’s working. And then two hours later... It’s not working again. I haven’t been able to even fly this thing once. I’m sending it back! I’m done with this one. Time to exchange it for one that works..

Reactions: LarBear360
I’ll bet it is the phone or tablet! Mine still does that sometimes. I can power the iPad down and restart and it works. I also had to get close to the house to connect to my WiFi network. Not sure why but that fixed it sometimes.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Jason Graff
View attachment 106980
I’m not sure what the heck is going on with this dang thing. I tried using an older IPad and an I6 plus phone and it did nothing. Then I shut everything down and try my newer iPad again. And now it’s working. And then two hours later... It’s not working again. I haven’t been able to even fly this thing once. I’m sending it back! I’m done with this one. Time to exchange it for one that works..
I know it's a difficult decision, but probably the best solution. Everything points to damaged or defective hardware or something. Nothing you can repair yourself.

Reactions: Jason Graff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj