No Image Transmission Signal(Phantom 4)

Reaction score
I acquired a Phantom 4 From a friend the has the “ No Image Transmission Signal “ warning up top of the display. The Camera isn’t working as well as the gimbal. In the settings menu, it says “Gimbal Disconnected”.
Also, the SD Card reader doesn’t seem to be working. When I insert an SD Card into the port, the light doesn’t flash or come on and when i go to “Format SD Card” on the DJI app, it says “No SD Card”. Can anyone help with this(these) issues?
Thank you in advance for your time and Knowledge!

Seems to be screwed up gimbal/ cam etc. the basic things that you check first if all cables on to the gimbal / cam are properly connected.

Inside the grey bottom housing are two boards that are connected to the central board by two ribbon cables. It could be that one of those has come loose as both the gimbal/camerand sd card signals are routed through those cables.

Or one of those boards has a fault.

I acquired a Phantom 4 From a friend the has the “ No Image Transmission Signal “ warning up top of the display. The Camera isn’t working as well as the gimbal. In the settings menu, it says “Gimbal Disconnected”.
Also, the SD Card reader doesn’t seem to be working. When I insert an SD Card into the port, the light doesn’t flash or come on and when i go to “Format SD Card” on the DJI app, it says “No SD Card”. Can anyone help with this(these) issues?
Thank you in advance for your time and Knowledge!

"No image transmission..." It's the mSD card if you see the gimbal mechanics working... See below

Scenario: P4P, RC, Gimbal, Camera, everything previously working well.
Problem: Everything but Gimbal camera connection working fine. RC Message "No Image Transmission"
Specifics to Problem: Gimbal mechanics are working, but no image on the RC screen. Slight delay in shutting drone down.
Recent change: Added DJI/Seagate GoFly EHD without problems and treated the SD card the same as always.
FIX: Power on RC
Start DJI Go app
Power on P4P...
No active image on RC? "No image transmission" error seen somewhere?
- my camera mechanic were still working as normal at this stage...
Shut down P4P
Take out mSD card
Start up P4P.... Voila! Image transmission now should be working.
Results check: shut down P4P, insert another mSD card, turn on P4P..... all still working.
Findings:
Retried problem mSD card same issue, No Image Transmission and no image on RC media screen.
Format SD card function did not work for me. My research revealed sometimes this did show up for some and the able to reformat the mSD card.
Installed non working mSD card into a card reader and removed all existing folders, including "DCIM".
Reinstalled "non working mSD" card into P4P after deleting any remaining folder... REFORMAT Function now available. So far everything is working!!

Hey guys, have a P4 here that was crashed and I am trying to fix. The drone flies like new and it sends data to the remote/iPad with no issues. But, I am getting no image transmission and the gimbal doesn’t work at all. I replaced the main gimbal cable and the board in the gimbal arm. Any ideas on what’s going on?

I never cared that much about Ph4, so don't know if there are diagnosis methods described by the community. After so many years, there should be.

Anyway, what I would do first is to check if Ambarella is booting. I see that on Ph4 it is here:
O-Gs Wiki: ph4 video encoder board

It seem to have several "RX/TX" pads. These are most likely UARTs. And DJI probably reused Ambarella firmware from Ph3 - on Ph3, one of the UARTs allowed access to the console, and shown booting messages on startup.

If Ambarella isn't booting, you should check whether it is powered - all the pads with voltage values in names.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers