No, GPS, RTK or ground Telemetry options - Need To Automate

Reaction score
Hi Phantom Pilots;

Here is the project I'm working on - take a drone and use it to do inspections in a metal building, in the mountains and oh by the way we don't want to be in the building when we fly.

So Engineering challenges to solve
1) No GPS - Do you know of RTK systems that we could deploy 2-3 base stations and have the drone reference position from these and/or Ground control Points?
2) No one there to charge - some electronics and switches to create external charge points and switching that we can "Dock" the drone on a charging landing pad or a robot arm to connect the cable
3) Automating flight plans - not core in the market yet, but an autonomous flight with possible remote oversight.

Super fun times
Things I was thinking
- Customize the heck out of Drone Deploy - software joy/hardware joy
- Partner with Drone company to extend their platform
- open source nav + some R&D extending the Signal of Opportunity possiblitly

Well we need some sort of ground assistance in a building as I see it we have a couple of options
1) LIDAR - active build of point clouds and efforts with Ground control Stations that provide some reference points
2) SOO - Signals of Opportunity like wifi or radio to try and triangulate
3) RTK get the drone to use more than a single ground station enabling triangulation.

To my current understanding, this is not off the shelf technology ready for the consumer, or commercial use at this time. I'm positive that someone is working on this problem and I seek to find partners and enable us to work together... I have a great project and ability to fund, just need a great team to step forward and quickly. Else I'll be forced to engineer a solution myself. Just takes longer if I have to do it all

Hi Phantom Pilots;

Here is the project I'm working on - take a drone and use it to do inspections in a metal building, in the mountains and oh by the way we don't want to be in the building when we fly.

So Engineering challenges to solve
1) No GPS - Do you know of RTK systems that we could deploy 2-3 base stations and have the drone reference position from these and/or Ground control Points?
2) No one there to charge - some electronics and switches to create external charge points and switching that we can "Dock" the drone on a charging landing pad or a robot arm to connect the cable
3) Automating flight plans - not core in the market yet, but an autonomous flight with possible remote oversight.

Super fun times
Things I was thinking
- Customize the heck out of Drone Deploy - software joy/hardware joy
- Partner with Drone company to extend their platform
- open source nav + some R&D extending the Signal of Opportunity possiblitly

Sounds like a really interesting (Wicked) problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers