No Fly Zone hack?

Really genius? They are called FAR's and trust me It's my job to know them.
Yes you should be walking genius.

I didn't get to finish what I was writing when I sent the message. I know what an FAR is. 1 day I want to be a perfect non driving pilot that doesn't allow auto save to keep a partial sentence, just like YOU. :rolleyes:

I can say with almost certainty That you have never dodged a drone while in flight. This is becoming a weekly occurrence. It's not a matter of new regulations. It's the fact that a drone operator is already subject to applicable FAR's. The vast majority of operators I run into don't seem to understand that or care. This won't be wait until a plane full of people goes down until we get full enforcement. every pilot has a responsibility to know all available information about every flight. This is not an industry that looks to avoid regulation we welcome them. There is NO room for people in the national airspace system who don't agree and understand this the culture of saftey is nondebatable. .
The drones you dodge happen to be military drones that Obama claims he's not sending out.

I know it's been discussed but for the phantom you can toggle on and off via the remote now. It works and it's reliable. Just don't fly miles away. If your on a NFZ you should really be seriously with line of sight and low down.
Provided you stay legal!
Found the answer to my living in an orange NFZ which will not unlock. Easier than I thought. Fit if you will not fly illegally only.
I am 10 foot inside a NFZ which is for a stadium and I just want to be able to fly out to the beach in front of me from home. I do not intend to fly illegally in any way. The NFZ I'm flying out of is an orange zone in Europe so no FAA rules for me. It's not a NFZ for passenger aircraft either except when there's a rugby match on...
Before anyone tried to berate me..[emoji1360]

NFZ mod for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv

Last edited:
Checking in to see if there are any updates, and it seems this thread has become a little political. Sorry, didn't mean for that to happen.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a firmware hack?

I do live in the 15 mile no fly zone area of Washington DC. I live in a townhouse and the only way to access the roof is by using a cherry picker. Being able to visually inspect the roof with a drone would extremely helpful.

The NFZ safeguards have its place I suppose, but anyone who is really motivated is going to find a way around it. Not trying to stoke any fires here....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic