No alerts or audio msg P3A

Reaction score
Flew today for the first time in a while. I didn't get an alert on low battery(it's set at 30%), or an audible "home point recorded" msg on two separate short flights on separate batteries. Also still losing video intermittently.
When the video goes out, I hit the "back button" on my tablet, click DjiGo, and the video comes back.
Main concern is the home point NOT being recorded. What if I had hit "return home" during one of the flights??? Any ideas appreciated. Gary

Flew today for the first time in a while. I didn't get an alert on low battery(it's set at 30%), or an audible "home point recorded" msg on two separate short flights on separate batteries. Also still losing video intermittently.
When the video goes out, I hit the "back button" on my tablet, click DjiGo, and the video comes back.
Main concern is the home point NOT being recorded. What if I had hit "return home" during one of the flights??? Any ideas appreciated. Gary
Is it not setting the home point at all, or are you just not hearing a voice telling you that it is set?

Main concern is the home point NOT being recorded.
Your Phantom records its home point as soon as it has GPS reception, even if you don't hear an audible confirmation.
You can get a visual check by watching the indicated distance from home next time you power up the Phantom.
Until the home point is recorded, the distance will show N/A.
Once the home point is recorded, the distance changes to a number.
What if I had hit "return home" during one of the flights???
There are two ways you could take off before recording the home point.
1. You launch from a location where tree cover etc blocks the Phantom's sky and satellites
2. You launch very quickly before the Phantom has acquired a good GPS sat fix​
In either case, your Phantom would still record a home point as soon as it gets a GPS fix and this would usually be quite close to your launch point.
If you were to initiate RTH in that situation, the Phantom would RTH to the position where it got its first GPS fix.
If that was closeby, that wouldn't be a problem.
If it was further away, you could always cancel RTH before it landed and fly back to a place you choose for landing.

A look at the flight data from your recent flights would show that your home point was recorded.
Having the volume was turned down is the most common reason for not hearing the confirmation.

Reactions: GWTX and Newbieguy
Thanks for the replies. I didn't have time to do more investigating, but will soon as I can. Everything else appeared normal, and the bird flew fine. I can't remember(that happens more and more now days), but isn't there a visual alert/msg as well as the audio? Thanks Gary

Thanks for the replies. I didn't have time to do more investigating, but will soon as I can. Everything else appeared normal, and the bird flew fine. I can't remember(that happens more and more now days), but isn't there a visual alert/msg as well as the audio? Thanks Gary
Yes ... the top screen banner goes green and alerts you that the Phantom is in P-GPS mode.
There is also a small Home Point Recorded note in a box on the left of the screen temporarily.
The distance indicator is a good confirmation because it's telling you the distance the Phantom is from ... Home.

Reactions: GWTX and Newbieguy
Is it not setting the home point at all, or are you just not hearing a voice telling you that it is set?
Oso, sorry I didn't get back to you. With the help of the replies and some further checking, I found the sound volume somehow got turned all the way down :oops:. Don't know who could have done that and forgot about it:rolleyes:.

I flew two batteries "worth" today, and all went well, but I still did not get the audible "homepoint recorded" msg. Soon as I start the motors I get " take off". Everything is fine except the image dropping out once or twice during each flight. Probably something I don't have setup correctly in my tablet(galaxy tab 8). I think it's a bit underpowered for this task. I'm using Go app ver 3.1.3, RC 1.6.0, and 1.8.80. Are there better versions available that I should look into? Can't afford another tablet right now, maybe after we get the big social security increase,,:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thanks for the help. Gary

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl