Nice work around for Phantom 3 standard pilots want HDMI out

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have had my P3S now for several months now and have done some of the basic mods to it. One of the biggest things I have been trying to do is output the display from my phone to a big screen TV so my kids can see what is happening. I have found two good workarounds for this. The first is what is called an MHL to HDMI converter, your mobile device needs to support the MHL standard for this to work. My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is able to do this I have posted a pic of the converter I used, I also added 50 feet of HDMI cable along with an HDMI female to female coupler so I can be a good distance away from the viewing device in case I need line of sight. it works pretty well. For those iOS users you can purchase a lightning to HDMI converter that will work with iPads to accomplish the same thing. It's pretty cool to have a group of people stand around a big screen inside your house while you're outside flying your bird with the phone connected over 50 feet of HDMI cable and they are able to see exactly what you see.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-23-10-40-28.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-23-10-40-28.png
    369 KB · Views: 542

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20