NFZ

Reaction score
Anybody having trouble with NFZ alert? I keep getting even though I am over 7 miles from the airport. I had to disable geo fence, but DJI definitely needs to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reaction score
There are a number of reasons to get a NFZ alert. I'd suggest that you get the Airmap app, that'll give you a better idea of why the alert is coming up. Also check Notams with your countries aviation authority, there could be a temporary restriction. DJI Go does seem to turn 'fly with caution' into NFZ quite readily.

Reactions: BigAl07
Reaction score
There are a number of reasons to get a NFZ alert. I'd suggest that you get the Airmap app, that'll give you a better idea of why the alert is coming up. Also check Notams with your countries aviation authority, there could be a temporary restriction. DJI Go does seem to turn 'fly with caution' into NFZ quite readily.
Thanks for your response Alex. I do use Airmap and I am flying in an area that I have flown in for a little over a year and familiar with the airspace. I have checked NOTAMS and also temporary restrictions on the last two flights that I have made and nothing shows as a NFZ. So either Airmap or DJI's app is incorrect. All I know it is a pain when you go thru all the checklists and then when you attempt to fly you get NFZ and can't take off without jumping thru a lot of hoops.

Reaction score
I once tried to fly in an area Airmaps said was clear, but DJI Go came up with a warning. Turned out it was a MOA, and I'd not switched it on in the Airmap settings. MOA's are 'fly with caution' but DJI Go made a big issue of it, so to speak.
I have subsequently purchased an aeronautical chart for Ireland (yes it only needs one 1:500,000 to cover the entire country) to be sure I'm not missing anything, a good investment at €30.00

Reaction score
I once tried to fly in an area Airmaps said was clear, but DJI Go came up with a warning. Turned out it was a MOA, and I'd not switched it on in the Airmap settings. MOA's are 'fly with caution' but DJI Go made a big issue of it, so to speak.
I have subsequently purchased an aeronautical chart for Ireland (yes it only needs one 1:500,000 to cover the entire country) to be sure I'm not missing anything, a good investment at €30.00
On the lake where I live, my next door neighbor has a registered seaplane base. I get a pop-up warning every time in the DJI GO app, likewise when I fly from the local hospital helipad. It's annoying.

Reaction score
On the lake where I live, my next door neighbor has a registered seaplane base. I get a pop-up warning every time in the DJI GO app, likewise when I fly from the local hospital helipad. It's annoying.
I'd suggest you give them a call before you fly, it's a courtesy thing, and as for flying from a helipad, hospital or otherwise!!! Maybe you're spoofing me?

Reaction score
It was the Phantom's home point for those Litchi missions, takeoff and landing. I figured "what better place from which to see and avoid any helicopters flying around in the area?"
Nah. Just to be safe, I calibrated the compass in the grass next to it. It's a difficult area for compasses. This area is the second-largest iron-ore mining reserve in the US. The largest is about 2 hours north of here.

Helipad 2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pao1os