Nexus 7 vs Nvidia Shield K1

That is possible. But my note 4 did the same exact thing.
May I suggest you not go to Vegas then!

My shield has been fine since day 1. It has done everything I have asked of it. The only thing it lacks is a few nits in display brightness but a reasonable sunshade dealt with the issue.

When I buy a Shield today, its already on 6.x....

Lightbridge Videos of course only in 720, but the tab would be very nice to show the vids from the sd card in the copter. That is nice on holidays or on location. Have you ever tried it?
That's why I have kept my shield. I have the iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, and iPad mini 4 (everyone in my house has one or another). I wanted a dedicated device for my phantom. I almost bought the mini 4, but decided on the K1 for a couple reasons.
1st, I wanted a device that would play back video smoothly, regardless of the format. 1080p, 4k, etc.
2nd I wanted a device that had the mini SD card slot so I could play directly from the phantom without having to come home and use my PC, laptop, or TV.
And
3rd I wanted a high resolution screen.
The K1 did all of this and does them all great.
I did buy an anti glare screen protector that has worked good so far.
I have been really impressed by the K1.
Even though I have all the other Apple devices that I can use, I still pick up the K1 every time I head out to fly.
Love it!

Last edited:
ive been using the shield k1 for a couple weeks (about 10-12 flights) and cant complain, im using with dji go and litchi and works great with both apps. i bought it just for the phantom, so i guess 16 gb storage is more than enough.

That's why I have kept my shield. I have the iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, and iPad mini 4 (everyone in my house has one or another). I wanted a dedicated device for my phantom. I almost bought the mini 4, but decided on the K1 for a couple reasons.
1st, I wanted a device that would play back video smoothly, regardless of the format. 1080p, 4k, etc.
2nd I wanted a device that had the mini SD card slot so I could play directly from the phantom without having to come home and use my PC, laptop, or TV.
And
3rd I wanted a high resolution screen.
The K1 did all of this and does them all great.
I did buy an anti glare screen protector that has worked good so far.
I have been really impressed by the K1.
Even though I have all the other Apple devices that I can use, I still pick up the K1 every time I head out to fly.
Love it!

These are good points. Not to mention that the K1 is half the price of a USED mini 4 cellular (I plan on using follow me on the boat).

I'm trying to decide between a shield and mini 4 cellular now. My logical side says no brainer get the shield, but my impulsive size wants the nice Apple display!

These are good points. Not to mention that the K1 is half the price of a USED mini 4 cellular (I plan on using follow me on the boat).

I'm trying to decide between a shield and mini 4 cellular now. My logical side says no brainer get the shield, but my impulsive size wants the nice Apple display!
Can you use your phone as the device when you want to use the follow me function? You can always buy from Best Buy. They give you a 14 day return period. I used it 3 times before the K stuck :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues