Nexus 7 vs Nvidia Shield K1

Reaction score
I have sort of narrowed my choice of a tablet for a P3 Advanced to the Nexus 7 II or the Nvidia Shield K1. I think 16 GB storage will be enough for use with the P3? The Shield is a new design, but I wonder about the 8 inch screen. Will it be too big? The Nexus 7 is an older design but still seems to get great reviews.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
shield is awesome cant go wrong with that one is what I have

SHIELD! That's what I want. (Currently iPhone 6S+)

I have the nexus that I use with the P3A and have had no problems. I'll caveat that with "I'm new to this game". However Nvidia has a good name and would be a good choice in that it is a newer platform.

I have sort of narrowed my choice of a tablet for a P3 Advanced to the Nexus 7 II or the Nvidia Shield K1. I think 16 GB storage will be enough for use with the P3? The Shield is a new design, but I wonder about the 8 inch screen. Will it be too big? The Nexus 7 is an older design but still seems to get great reviews.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Jim

with the latest android update and the last shields update you can set the shield to allocate the SD card memory with the internal memory and consider it one large drive. vs internal card and external card
not to mention super easy simultaneous hdmi output.

I had an Ipad, then an Iphone, now I have the Shield. Best.

I notice that the Shield has a micro USB 2.0 port. Does the P3A come with a USB cable for the connection or do I need to buy one? Is the USB port on the P3A standard or micro?

Thanks, Jim

I notice that the Shield has a micro USB 2.0 port. Does the P3A come with a USB cable for the connection or do I need to buy one? Is the USB port on the P3A standard or micro?

Thanks, Jim
TIt has a micro usb cable included

I have both and they are both very good.
No screen is good outdoors in the sun but the Nexus is a bit better than the Shield in that respect.
I also prefer the size of the Nexus - it fits right in the not-too-small but not-too-big category.
The compass is the weakest point for the shield .. I can't get it to work properly and I'm on Android 5.
I'm going to see if I can get the magnets removed.
The Shield's best feature is that it keeps running with the app and never drops out.

Reactions: Slimwest1
I have both and they are both very good.
No screen is good outdoors in the sun but the Nexus is a bit better than the Shield in that respect.
I also prefer the size of the Nexus - it fits right in the not-too-small but not-too-big category.
The compass is the weakest point for the shield .. I can't get it to work properly and I'm on Android 5.
I'm going to see if I can get the magnets removed.
The Shield's best feature is that it keeps running with the app and never drops out.

So the Nexus drops the connection to the P3A? How often?

Jim

So the Nexus drops the connection to the P3A? How often?
Hard to say and it's possibly a configuration issue that would be simply fixed by turning something on or off.
Sometimes multiple flights with no problems and sometimes the app drops out halfway through a flight.
There are way too many variables to give a simple answer.

I've have the Shield and have had zero problems. No clue about nexus. As mentioned before, the anti-glare screen protector has done well...to the point where I haven't ordered a hood for it.... yet.

I've have the Shield and have had zero problems. No clue about nexus. As mentioned before, the anti-glare screen protector has done well...to the point where I haven't ordered a hood for it.... yet.

Thanks Jim! I am almost convinced to get the Shield. What did you order for the anti-glare screen protector?

Regards, Jim

OK, I ordered a Phantom 3 Advanced, an Nvidia Shield K1 and a Dmax Armor anti-glare screen protector, all from Amazon. All supposed to be delivered next week.

Thanks for all of the great advice.

Regards, Jim

Last edited:
I have a new "recall" edition of the shield tablet(same as the K1). I can't for the life of me understand how everyone is using the shield. I have a hood a mat screen protector and it is impossible to use it. Probably going to sell it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj