Nexus 7 video issues

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm experiencing with a P4 and a Nexus 7 tablet?

Approximately half the time I fire up the DJI GO app on the Nexus the real-time video (not the recorded video) is badly smeared/pixellated. By this I mean any motion in the image leaves a blocky, smeared "trail". If I stop the app and then restart it, there's an even chance that it will be absolutely fine. Equally, it may be just as bad. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to this, that I can determine at least.

I'm using channel 20 for video mostly, though the problem seems to occur regardless of what channel I choose. I usually use 4 Mbps transmission rate.

The tablet only has DJI GO and Litchi installed, apart from what comes as default.

Anyone any clue as to what might be the cause of this problem?

Many thanks,

Tim.

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm experiencing with a P4 and a Nexus 7 tablet?

Approximately half the time I fire up the DJI GO app on the Nexus the real-time video (not the recorded video) is badly smeared/pixellated. By this I mean any motion in the image leaves a blocky, smeared "trail". If I stop the app and then restart it, there's an even chance that it will be absolutely fine. Equally, it may be just as bad. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to this, that I can determine at least.

I'm using channel 20 for video mostly, though the problem seems to occur regardless of what channel I choose. I usually use 4 Mbps transmission rate.

The tablet only has DJI GO and Litchi installed, apart from what comes as default.

Anyone any clue as to what might be the cause of this problem?

Many thanks,

Tim.

Common issue with Nexus 7.. Try going into developer menu and disabling NuPlayer. May be time to upgrade to another tablet. From what I read it's a common issue and most times a factory reset fixes it for a while , but it comes back.
Something in the coding of OS, it forgets where the video player is so you get a black screen.

Next time It happens try loading a YouTube video and see if playback works. If it does then probably a issue with Nexus7 and Dji Go.

Thanks for the reply. There's no option to disable NuPlayer. YouTube playback seems to work OK, so it does indeed seem to be a problem with the DJI GO app.

My next question would be: Does anyone use the Nexus 7 successfully with DJI GO? I'm disappointed to say the least, as I believe the Nexus 7 is on the "official" supported tablets list.

Tim.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20