Nexus 7 poor FPV video quality

Reaction score
First, I want to thank all that contribute and ask questions here. I have learned a lot from this forum.

I have owned my P3P for about a month now. When I first flew it, my used Nexus 7 (2013) hadn't arrived from ebay and I had just gotten another tablet as a gift. So I used the gift tablet (Samsung Tab A 7") for a few flights and the video quality on the tablet when flying looked fine via the DJI Go app. I returned the Samsung Tab because I didn't want it and had read here the Nexus 7 (2013) worked great. I finally got my Nexus 7 and the video quality streaming to the tablet was not good. It was choppy. I factory data reset the Nexus 7 and tested it out and it was looking good, similar to the quality I had on the Tab. I didn't install any other applications and I verified none were install besides what came stock on the Nexus 7. While I was testing I noticed the map section on the DJI Go app when blank so I clicked on it and it set "Google Play Services Updating" which is common after a factory reset on some older devices. Once this was done updating, I tried the DJI Go app again, and it was back to being poor quality. I hooked up my Note 7 (I know, I haven't exchanged it yet because I haven't had time) and the video quality was good. I have read the Nexus 7 for the Phantom 3 series so I must be doing something wrong. If I have to get another tablet, I think I will get a ipad mini 2 but I really don't want to since I bought a used Nexus 7. I have turned off Cache Video While Recording and it didn't help. Can you guys give me some suggestions to try?

Much appreciated.

Early in 2015 there was a spell we had to revert the google services to earlier version and stop it updating.
I think the symptom then was gradual increase in jerkiness during a flight then tablet would lock up or reboot.

Are you using the original cable or quality replacement, can be important as cheap ones seem to pick up more interference.

Are you using the original cable or quality replacement, can be important as cheap ones seem to pick up more interference.
Thanks for responding. I am using the original cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic