Newest update not taking with P3A

Reaction score
Ok I’ll try to make this as simple as possible but chances are I’ll end up adding stuff to the end to cover any details I may have missed. Sept 2017 is the last time I flew my P3A. Since then (Oct) I was prompted to update the drone and RC so I updated the RC and figured I would download the zip/bin file for the AC and do that later. Later turned into Jan 2018 and I finally searched out the bin file on the DJI website. (A strange note about that is I was unable to find the file by navigating the website. I found the download section for the P4 and changed the drone identifier portion of the web address to P3A and found updates I imagine, that pertained to the P3A.) I download the zip file, extract bin. Format SD card, load bin onto it using MacBook Air. This is where I’m stuck. I plug memory card into the AC, power on and it does the normal startup sounds and gimbal tests. Then the gimbal light alternated between green and red for about a minute or so then goes through 2-3 periods where it fast blinks in green and then seems to repeat this cycle over and over. I’ve done this for over an hour with no steady red or green light to show failed or success. I am forced each time (10 Plus and counting) to turn the battery off and check the memory card. I will see that a DCIM folder has been created and the bin file left in place. I have never seen a txt file showing fail or success. I’ve tried reformatting and also leaving it as is and powering the ac back on. All to no avail. I have search for the past 2 weeks and tried every method I can to get this update to take. Ask any questions you can and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks in advance. Also should I get this working I will be selling it ASAP and going to the Mavic pro platinum edition so this bird will be for sell. Thanks again guys! Attached is the versions I currently have. Also I have no camera view when connected to the RC, the app is showing I have a P3P, and I am also unable to access any memory card functions within the app.

Attachments

• 8769066C-E746-4534-8AC1-A9C865817BC4.png
    8769066C-E746-4534-8AC1-A9C865817BC4.png
    838.7 KB · Views: 396
9A8BFC9D-98F2-4734-B175-0D427FA8B8BB.png
BCB4F6AD-096A-4CD8-B3B9-CECC0856D951.png
This is how I found the file. Maybe I downloaded a version that appeared to be correct but wasn’t??

Ok I’ll try to make this as simple as possible but chances are I’ll end up adding stuff to the end to cover any details I may have missed. Sept 2017 is the last time I flew my P3A. Since then (Oct) I was prompted to update the drone and RC so I updated the RC and figured I would download the zip/bin file for the AC and do that later. Later turned into Jan 2018 and I finally searched out the bin file on the DJI website. (A strange note about that is I was unable to find the file by navigating the website. I found the download section for the P4 and changed the drone identifier portion of the web address to P3A and found updates I imagine, that pertained to the P3A.) I download the zip file, extract bin. Format SD card, load bin onto it using MacBook Air. This is where I’m stuck. I plug memory card into the AC, power on and it does the normal startup sounds and gimbal tests. Then the gimbal light alternated between green and red for about a minute or so then goes through 2-3 periods where it fast blinks in green and then seems to repeat this cycle over and over. I’ve done this for over an hour with no steady red or green light to show failed or success. I am forced each time (10 Plus and counting) to turn the battery off and check the memory card. I will see that a DCIM folder has been created and the bin file left in place. I have never seen a txt file showing fail or success. I’ve tried reformatting and also leaving it as is and powering the ac back on. All to no avail. I have search for the past 2 weeks and tried every method I can to get this update to take. Ask any questions you can and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks in advance. Also should I get this working I will be selling it ASAP and going to the Mavic pro platinum edition so this bird will be for sell. Thanks again guys! Attached is the versions I currently have. Also I have no camera view when connected to the RC, the app is showing I have a P3P, and I am also unable to access any memory card functions within the app.
Welcome to the forum!

DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post.

If you've already done your research, already read the release notes and you've made an informed choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely.

Reactions: JoBe
Welcome to the forum!

DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post.

If you've already done your research, already read the release notes and you've made an informed choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely.

Unfortunately I have followed these exact steps several times over and am still stuck. I have the correct zip file downloaded and in turn the correct bin file loaded onto a clean SD card. And still no progress. The sad thing is that I’ve updated this same way twice before without any issues.

Update....I have dropped my drone off with a DJI certified repair center and having the firmware flashed onto the drone will cost me a whopping $30. Way to go DJI!!

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor