newest firmware update "bug ridden"?

Reaction score
anybody experiencing issues with the newest firmware update v1.2.6? the DJI forum seems to be full of people having temper tantrums over the newest update causing issues, I just can't help but think that the DJI forum is full of the people that have had issues, the proverbial "vocal minority" while there's a silent majority out flying with the new firmware without issue. any of you guys had any problems? I did the update today and all seems to be well.

There are a great many here who have the problems relating to the latest firmware update. It does seem to be a bug in the firmware, causing problems with the VPS system.

gotcha, I guess I got lucky as mine seems to be working properly, I've heard some are also have lag issues with the lightbridge video downlink. I'm curious to see how quickly DJI rectifies the issue. the P3 has been out less than 2 months, I can't imagine DJI wants their newest model getting a bad rap for reliability.

Reactions: AbsPapa and snerd
No faults or failures here either, after any and all the firmware updates we've had recently. Seems like some of us are either lucky, or just have a great Phantom, out of the box. I checked mine very thoroughly the first day, out of the wrapper, and was pleased to find it was clean, without a blemish. And has flown flawlessly from day one. Without a hitch or hick up.
If I only had even a very few more batteries, it would get a much more thorough testing... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: snerd
I have three birds P3P and P3A and no issue flying them, but on all three I see less stability at low altitude (VPS). When I go higher, above 3mt, no problem at all.
I have the impression that 4K video on P3P is little bit worse than before, and file size is little less now. They changed compression parameters ?

No problem here, did go back and review settings in app. I have done that each time and will continue, I think that it's as important as any other pre flight check.

Hello folks. I'm new to the quad arena but have been into RC for over 30 years. I own a Phantom 3 Pro and found this forum because of a failed firmware update to version 1.2.6. I had performed two other updates both without a hitch prior to this one. Aircraft up to this point had been performing flawlessly.
Here is what happened. Twenty min into the update the drone LED lights turned off and the gimble started to make a machine like semi grinding sound like it was trying to beep. That in itself was odd but the most troubling part was how hot the gimble was getting. After the 35 min mark and against my better judgement, I powered down.
I let the aircraft cool down and powered it back up only to be greated with no lights but an incredibly load alarm like sound. At that point I was nearly convinced that I had created the perverbial 'boat anchor'. I took the SD card out and noted that the log indicated that, despite the outward inactivity other than the sound, the aircraft was updating itself. I then followed a very precise procedure that others had followed that included formatting the SD card and using the controller to make another attempt. I locked the aircraft we in the vehicle (to dampen the alarm like noise) turned on the air conditioner and sat with the aircraft to see if it would update. To my amazement, after 12 min the lights came back on, the gimble did its dance and the tone indicating that the update had completed was chiming. Power cycled the aircraft several times with no problems. Text file indicated that the update was successful. I allowed the aircraft to completely cool off and then did an IMU, gibmle and compass calibration (in that order).
I have flown the aircraft about 6 times since without any perceivable problems and its flying just like before with no issues to the VPS.
I shared the with DJI and was shocked how...unamused they were.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Albert

That's just like it supposed to be. For the majority here, that was the case.
Sadly a bunch have experienced a different outcome. Hopefully an eventual fix for those, will be released and all will be at peace once again.

RedHotPoker

Hello folks. I'm new to the quad arena but have been into RC for over 30 years. I own a Phantom 3 Pro and found this forum because of a failed firmware update to version 1.2.6. I had performed two other updates both without a hitch prior to this one. Aircraft up to this point had been performing flawlessly.
Here is what happened. Twenty min into the update the drone LED lights turned off and the gimble started to make a machine like semi grinding sound like it was trying to beep. That in itself was odd but the most troubling part was how hot the gimble was getting. After the 35 min mark and against my better judgement, I powered down.
I let the aircraft cool down and powered it back up only to be greated with no lights but an incredibly load alarm like sound. At that point I was nearly convinced that I had created the perverbial 'boat anchor'. I took the SD card out and noted that the log indicated that, despite the outward inactivity other than the sound, the aircraft was updating itself. I then followed a very precise procedure that others had followed that included formatting the SD card and using the controller to make another attempt. I locked the aircraft we in the vehicle (to dampen the alarm like noise) turned on the air conditioner and sat with the aircraft to see if it would update. To my amazement, after 12 min the lights came back on, the gimble did its dance and the tone indicating that the update had completed was chiming. Power cycled the aircraft several times with no problems. Text file indicated that the update was successful. I allowed the aircraft to completely cool off and then did an IMU, gibmle and compass calibration (in that order).
I have flown the aircraft about 6 times since without any perceivable problems and its flying just like before with no issues to the VPS.
I shared the with DJI and was shocked how...unamused they were.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Albert
Sound like patience and being very precise in performing all the steps-- I think some of the issues with the upgrade may result in inexperience, rushing or lack of knowledge of the upgrade and calibration process. There are some very angry folks here that should read your post. Thank you for sharing, this may be very helpful to those who have had issues.
Welcome to this forum-- :):)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.