Newby phantom owner

Reaction score
If I am understanding all I read on the flight rules and regulations for drones they need license and registration under certain conditions, but I can buy a powered hang glider and fly myself around the countryside without any license and just use common sense? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

If I am understanding all I read on the flight rules and regulations for drones they need license and registration under certain conditions, but I can buy a powered hang glider and fly myself around the countryside without any license and just use common sense? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
There is no requirement for any license for recreational flying in the USA and when registration comes back again next year, it's simply $5 for 3 years.

... powered hang glider and fly myself around the countryside without any license and just use common sense?

Naaaa. I'm pretty sure you'll have to follow FAA Part 103 rules for that powered glider. :)

OK, just curious, seems like the drones are stricter regulated than actual aircraft.
Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl