Newby display questions about Phantom 4 pro V2.0

Reaction score
I plan to purchase a Phantom 4 Pro + V2.0 next month. Will be using it mostly for photography. Was considering getting the built in display but others have suggest I get a bigger screen such as the Crystal Sky. I'm a senior citizen so a bigger display makes sense. If I order the drone without the display, will it still have the brackets to hold my Crystal Sky or other display? What is the biggest display that will fit in the brackets? I'm an amateur photographer and will appreciate any suggestions and guidance on this purchase. Thanks.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and 7.85" CrystalSky and love the combo. I also use the same CrystalSky on my Mavic 2 and like the quick release mounts.

The bracket it comes with (the P4, not the CS) is for phones or tablets (and there are good tablet alternatives to the CrystalSky, if you do some searching around this forum).

This is the mount that I had to purchase extra, it comes with the screws and cable:
P4 CrystalSky mount

So if you go the route of the CrystalSky, it is just a matter of unscrewing the tablet bracket that comes on the controller, and attaching the bracket linked above.

Reactions: HiTcHy
Welcome to the forum . .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: HiTcHy
I plan to purchase a Phantom 4 Pro + V2.0 next month. Will be using it mostly for photography. Was considering getting the built in display but others have suggest I get a bigger screen such as the Crystal Sky. I'm a senior citizen so a bigger display makes sense. If I order the drone without the display, will it still have the brackets to hold my Crystal Sky or other display? What is the biggest display that will fit in the brackets? I'm an amateur photographer and will appreciate any suggestions and guidance on this purchase. Thanks.

Yes a non display does have a bracket and I use a mini 4 tablet which works great [emoji106]

If I order the drone without the display, will it still have the brackets to hold my Crystal Sky or other display?

Hi HiTcHy

To answer directly I can just get my iPad Gen 6 9.7inch into the standard holder on a Phantom 4 or Inspire controller and get a single ratchet click when tightening it down. PGYTECH make an extender that slides onto the holder which will allow you to fit the biggest tablet device but be warned, the larger tablets make it rather top heavy. I fly commercially and I'm old enough to find the larger screen real estate useful so I bought a full DJI Harness not just the lanyard to support the controller with the 9.7 inch tablet and it's a boon.

If you are going to get a Mini I strongly suggest you hold off for the upcoming release of the iPad Mini 2019 (Apple decided not to call it the mini 5 for some reason that escapes me) as it has a far more powerful processor and lot more future proofing. Better to buy once and use it for a long time I say.

Best of luck and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from the hobby.

Regards
Ari

For me, I like to use the largest screen I can get away with mounting on the remote so I can see more detail and framing better. I use this sunshade and mount for my iPad 9.7 pro and it works really well. Here a link to the website for the P4P drone. For me, it was worth the price to have something stable and well built.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.