Newbie with questions

Reaction score
Guys, I have browsed a little and not exactly found what I am looking for. So if it is posted somewhere shoot me a link, but my apology in advance.

Trying to figure out how to squeeze the most range outta this puppy. Somebody said something about flipping a switch and it beeping twice. (Told ya I was a newbie)

I guess what I am asking is how do it get more range than I currently get out of the stock items. Also, what is a good inexpensive way to increase range with aftermarket parts?

In talking range, does the wifi and the camera refer to the same thing? I mean, if I extend range, does that do it for both or is there individual things to extend each.

Sometimes I fly mine and it works till about 300 ft and other times it's 50ft away and I'm looking at it and it says it loses connection. Sometimes, it loses and never comes back. In those cases, I just land it.

Do I have a problem or is something not set up right?

Thanks guys for your help in advance.

Raider1515 said:
In talking range, does the wifi and the camera refer to the same thing? I mean, if I extend range, does that do it for both or is there individual things to extend each.

No... two different animals, unfortunately. The connection to the RC is the white pole antenna on the controller. The connection to the camera is the rectangular range extender (wi-fi).

In general, you will lose the camera connection before you lose RC. When you say "it says lost connection", I'm assuming you're talking about the pop-up alert in the app... which really only tells you about the connection to the camera... not the connection to the controller. Which explains why your Phantom did not start returning to you. You only lost the cam wi-fi connection... but still had control. RTH is only activated when you lose contact with the controller (or, of course, activate it manually).

There are a number of solutions to extend the range of both the TX and the wi-fi. They range from cheep tin foil "focusers" (see http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=19323) to expensive powered add-on gadgets. Your mileage, literally, will vary.

If that is all the distance you get, then there is something wrong. My P2V right out of the box would loose video at 950 feet and control at 1050 feet(estimate). With some mods, nothing fancy, I am out to 1550 feet with both. Ran out of room to try more distance.
Another thing is to read the manual and watch many videos and read the manual and read the manual and......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing