Newbie wanting to knw the bet beginner Phantom o start with.

Reaction score
Long term I want to get 3 Phantoms to use commercially for Photography and advertising. I have applied to the faa about 5 mos. ago. I want to get an older model to learn the controls . I plan to graduate a P3 advanced, one P3 pro and one P4. This is long term but I want to get real omfortable with the Phantoms before investing lots of money. Comments???

Pro or Adv. However, if you just want to learn, then maybe a Standard (cheaper).

Reactions: sonof40
Given your stated objective i would start with an advanced or pro (lightbridge) and think seriously about an Inspire pro with x5 camera as your second bird. You can only fly one at a time safely. The x5 (not R version) does not beat the 4k canera on bitrate however has significantly better dynamic range and low light performance. And human nature being what it is clients will take you more seriously with an inspire in the air. 9/10 people assume i will get them a better shot with one of my 1 series canon bodies than the 5D. That is not necessarily true of cousre and a good pilot will nail the breif better with a phantom than a donkey flying an inspire. Its just like that unfortunately. The phantom will allow you to get footage in situations where putting the phantom in the air will attract undue attention.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20