Newbie! Sayin Hi!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just joined. I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I absolutely love but I do find it difficult to find places to fly. I am in the Hamilton, Ontario (Canada) area but have found that there aren't very many appealing places to fly and get footage. I had hoped to film some of Hamilton's beautiful waterfalls, but with all the people breaking the laws and climbing over fences at the waterfalls recently, (only to need 911 rescue to retrieve them), the sites are being heavily patrolled and tickets are being issued. Not that I would be ticketed, but I just don't want to have to deal with the hassles. But beyond those kind of sites, there isn't that much in the area that is worth filming.
I see all kinds of footage online of beautiful New Zealand landscapes, tropical islands and incredible sites, but when I think about where to go and fly and film in this area, I am stumped. I filmed last year in Nova Scotia and got some incredible footage, but somehow, here in the Hamilton area everything is pretty blah. I don't suppose anyone here who is familiar with the area would know of any worthwhile places to drone and film? Ideally I don't want to be driving for hours, nor do I want to go into Toronto. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Look at Google Maps in satellite view to search for nice places, or simply look at the Google Maps photos... this is what I just did, and it seems there's plenty of nice spots around Hamilton. You have some nice natural parks, some industrial areas, lakes, rivers...
Now, whether you are allowed or not to fly in those areas, I can't say. Here in US, for example, National Parks are off-limits.
But I've seen interesting drone videos of very un-interesting subjects... take a railroad and follow a train from above, and you have an interesting clip. I was in the countryside a while ago and did the same with an agriculture tractor pulling a trailer... came out very nice! All this to say... good photographers/videographers can take beautiful shots in very ordinary places.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4