Newbie Question

Reaction score
Newbie question and I am sorry but read Manual..forums etc and got me more confused than I was!

So I would like 100% sure...

If I want to use Home Lock or Course Lock is it correct to assume I can only do that in Naza Vs Vision? In other words S2 has no effect in Vision Mode
If again the above is correct to change to Naza I need to use the App and in the left corner change Vision accept the warning message and change to Naza.
Then Switch S1 to Atti (mid position)
Then if I move S2 I can have HL or CL?
IF Switch S1 is in the top position I am using GPS = Vision Mode?
The "only" danger in using Naza if if you do not control the S1 and s2 switches?
THANKS!

msecchi said:
Newbie question and I am sorry but read Manual..forums etc and got me more confused than I was!

If I want to use Home Lock or Course Lock is it correct to assume I can only do that in Naza Vs Vision? In other words S2 has no effect in Vision Mode
If again the above is correct to change to Naza I need to use the App and in the left corner change Vision accept the warning message and change to Naza.
The "only" danger in using Naza if if you do not control the S1 and s2 switches?
THANKS!

Read this:
http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza-mode-on-the-phantom-2-vision/

You are just about correct, the only thing you have got wrong is the S1 switch should always be in the up position unless you specifically want to use ATTI mode (no GPS position hold). To use homelock S1 needs to be up as homelock uses GPS. the only other thing you appear to have missed is setting the down position on S1 to fail safe while you are changing the settings with the assistant. ;)

Madwak said:
the only other thing you appear to have missed is setting the down position on S1 to fail safe while you are changing the settings with the assistant. ;)

Which is REALLY important!!

Many thanks to both. Worked really well and felt confident after a couple of small errors!!! Without you both would have been unsafe :)

msecchi said:

THANKS!

You've done well young Skywalker. two tiny things...

S2 does indeed have an effect in Vision Mode. If you switch it up and down from position 1-3 fives times, you can reset your "home position".

Also, you don't have to have "failsafe" set for the bottom position of S1, but it is recommended, because the only other way to force a RTH is to shut the TX off completely ( which will work in either Vision mode or NAZA mode). Using the S1 switch to enter failsafe means you can get out of failsafe simply by moving the switch back to pos 1.

Thanks Doug!
Fine for Failsafe had it set... but was wondering and forgot about the resetting the Home Position!
Will test it tomorrow your help is very much appreciated

Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread. The PDF user manual actually uses the terms ATTI Mode, GPS Mode and Manual Mode but doesn't bother to tell you what they mean or how to change from one to the other. Unless I missed something, the documentation seems to assume that anyone who would buy a Phantom just knows these terms. This thread has cleared up a lot.

Lee123 said:
Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread. The PDF user manual actually uses the terms ATTI Mode, GPS Mode and Manual Mode but doesn't bother to tell you what they mean or how to change from one to the other. Unless I missed something, the documentation seems to assume that anyone who would buy a Phantom just knows these terms. This thread has cleared up a lot.

Well, the manual is very hard to decipher, but in fact it's all there. The terms are sometimes only described in the graphics, and sometimes in text, and not always the same way. The ways to change from one mode to the other is indeed in there, but in the graphics, not in text.

Wait until you start to get your head around the phrase "home". Just keep reading and studying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj