newbie please i need help

Reaction score
hi, ive been flying my phantom2 for a couple of weeks now with no real problems, it performs well in flight with no real issues, however i do have a couple of questions, first of all no matter what i do it seems impossible to enter compass calibration. i fly it in naza mode 3rd position as f/s, i have tried starting at 1position and 2nd position, i have tried waiting til imu is warmed up, i have tried in phantom 2 mode, i have set 3rd position back to atti, still the same nothing works, in the assistant software the compass values are fine, im just worried as i would prefer to calibrate every time i go to a new site, has anyone had this problem, i see posts for failed calibration, but not this problem, also i have checked the switch in the software assistant and it works perfectly. the other thing is i have a rattle coming from what appears to be the orange phantom reciever, is this normal, like something to do with the gyro etc, any help would be appreciated cheers

i have now sorted this problem with the compass calibration, if anyone else is having a problem with entering calibration mode with the p2 please contact me, the dji manual is wrong about how to enter calibration mode, i have contacted dji support to inform them of this

I'm going to guess your rattle is actually the small plastic pusher that hits the receiver rebind button when your push up on it from the underside of the aircraft. I know this because I took my Vision apart chasing down what I thought was some debris rolling around in there and was worried about a short. After a lot of searching, listening, tapping, shaking and unscrewing of components I saw that little sucker rattling away in its hole under the receiver!

thanks for the info pull up, will i just press the button under the phantom , or should i remove the cover again to inspect, i also got the same advice from dji support, so you must be on to something, thanks

pull up tou are 100% correct, i stripped the gimbal off my p2, and held the rebind button in then shook it, there was no rattle, in fact if you look through the battery door to the right hand side you can actually see the plastic button move from side to side when you shake it, thanks for the help, puts my mind at ease

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl