Newbie Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 advanced?

Phantom 3 advanced best bang per buck 4 sure.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Troyboy , sorry I had a bereavement in the family so not been on here for a while. I finally had my lesson on Thursday which was ok, and finally bought the Phantom 4 . [emoji4]. The lesson was very basic though , I basically took of and had to fly 2 squares, 1 going side ways and turning and going forward as half the lesson was indoors going over the app.
I didn't see the point in the end of getting the 3 advanced or professional as by the time I bought the case etc it would of only been a little cheaper.
Now I just got to find the courage to get out and fly it [emoji15].
This is probably a stupid question but do I need to calibrate every time I use it?
Thanks for all the advise.

Calibrate your compass if you change areas from your first flight otherwise , no.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi bklmonty, sorry to hear about bereavement in the family.
I thought you might go for the phantom 4 in the end. Glad your happy with it, just take it easy at first, hope you have hours of fun with it and look forward to some videos uploaded maybe. Check out YouTube on the phantom 4 for useful videos. I'm made my mind up going to get phantom 4 just need to save a bit more money. Safe flying :)

Hi guys, I have a cuestion for all, would you consider changing the phantom 3pro for the phantom 4?, is because in best buy I have the opportunity to change it under warranty I have. I like the new features but would have to sell all accessories from the phantom 3 and get those that are not compatible with the phantom 4. So what do you think, I would like to know your opinions.

I bought a cheap skydrone pro to practice with for a few months then got my self the P4 once i could fly well. I didnt mind crashing the skydrone as it only cost £100 or something like that. Then i gave it to my brother to practice.

It depends. If you can easily afford to spend the extra money (extra batteries are also more expensive), go for it. That said, we're still not convinced it's worth the price difference. Here we explained why, for a lot of P3 owners, we think it's not worth upgrading.

Yeah, that's what I had thought, I will try the phantom 4 and see if I stay with, very good website by the way, greetings!

Reactions: Phantom-Four
One good thing about the p4 that often peoples forget about, is the double IMU and Compass, This reduce the chances of unintended switch to ATTI mode, and make the p4 way more reliable for begginers then the p3.

Reactions: martybabe
Never flown a quad before I bought a p4 , getting great results and it's a blast to fly .... Go for it life's to short to waste time not owning a phantom !

Reactions: m0j0
One good thing about the p4 that often peoples forget about, is the double IMU and Compass, This reduce the chances of unintended switch to ATTI mode, and make the p4 way more reliable for begginers then the p3.
I have over 1 million feet flown on my P3p. It went into P-ATTI one time. Was not really noteworthy. I kept flying without any real issue. Today, being able to buy a pro for about 699.00 from micro center seals the conversation as far as I'm concerned. The Adavanced is 599.00, that is about 700.00 difference for very little more in performance. Until the P5 comes out and the 4 drops to sub $800..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj