Newbie help

Reaction score
Just bought a phantom 4 and will be using ipad mini 3 as FPV, want to get into editing footage is a MacBook air sufficient and what's the best software ?
TIA

There's is no best software. You can find a list of commonly used video editing apps here.

Reactions: Beaujinx
Just bought a phantom 4 and will be using ipad mini 3 as FPV, want to get into editing footage is a MacBook air sufficient and what's the best software ?
TIA

It depends a bit on which MBA you are using, but if reasonably recent it should be fine. @msinger is correct on the software.

I'm viewing a MacBook pro (2012) 2.3GHz Intel core i7 will this be powerful enough for editing etc ?
TIA

You're using an air. Recommend it being an i7 with at LEAST 8gb of ram. Also video takes a ton of space and the airs didn't come with a lot of internal on the SSD. Make sure you have USB 3 on that or a thunderbolt drive. Since the air hasn't been fresher in years and although fairly robust you might run into issues.

Simply try it out. Load up the free iMovie and give it a go. If that works, feel free to expand into the pay apps like FCP or premiere or davinci.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic