Newbie from Ouray, CO

Reaction score
New to this hobby. Hoping to learn a lot because I know less than nothing. I have a Phantom 3 Standard. So any help at all I would be extremely grateful.

Reactions: dirkclod
New to this hobby. Hoping to learn a lot because I know less than nothing. I have a Phantom 3 Standard. So any help at all I would be extremely grateful.
One thought is if you're going to be flying at the altitudes your at I'd sure brush up on how weather/altitude impacts flight. That said, I'm jealous of your location. I'm a flatlander who has four-wheeled the Colorado Rockies for almost fifty years and have crawled over your environs many a time.

-- zigs

One thought is if you're going to be flying at the altitudes your at I'd sure brush up on how weather/altitude impacts flight. That said, I'm jealous of your location. I'm a flatlander who has four-wheeled the Colorado Rockies for almost fifty years and have crawled over your environs many a time.

-- zigs
Yes I am planning on doing that. In summer months weather is pretty steady. I'm the winter also it's just very cool to cold and shows a lot. Our house is abot 8500 ft on the road to Yankee Boy and Imogene.

Do a google search on "vortex ring state" before you fly much higher than Silverton, Co.

I have Jeeped your area for over 30 years in my 1982 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree. I have climbed (in my Jeep) up to Engineers Peak (peak - high above the pass, via the "Dirty Diaper" - that now closed short Jeep trail directly opposite "ohh ahh point that goes straight up to Engineers Peak the short way. What a ride!

Have fun flying your new P3.

We will be there (Ouray) again in July-August Jeeping. I just turned 80 a few days ago.

KC7GHT

Do a google search on "vortex ring state" before you fly much higher than Silverton, Co.

I have Jeeped your area for over 30 years in my 1982 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree. I have climbed (in my Jeep) up to Engineers Peak (peak - high above the pass, via the "Dirty Diaper" - that now closed short Jeep trail directly opposite "ohh ahh point that goes straight up to Engineers Peak the short way. What a ride!

Have fun flying your new P3.

We will be there (Ouray) again in July-August Jeeping. I just turned 80 a few days ago.

KC7GHT
Look us up. Girlfriend is opening a pottery studio on main street called the Purple Peacock so it will be open by then. Her name is Heidi she used to own Mouse's Chocolates and coffee.

Wow great info on vortex ring state. Thanks for that. I have actually only flown it once. That was in Texas. Doing research and trying to learn good stuff like this.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4