Newbie From Ohio

Southeast side of Cleveland (or Northeast side of Akron, depending on how you look at it!)
Have friends I fly small drones with, but don't know anyone in the area with a bigger drone as the Phantom 3...

To the OP, as previously mentioned, I wouldn't recommend flying over a mass of people and expensive cars until you have a LOT more experience with the mechanics of the P3. I have had my P3 since launch, with probably 40 flights of varying duration, and I still wouldn't feel confident flying over an event, unless it was a significant distance from the crowd (and I mean lateral DISTANCE, not altitude).

My pulse gets going when people are within about 300 feet of me when I fly, and the only time I am firmly at ease is when I am flying in a deserted location. That anxiety, and I'm unsure if you would have it in a similar situation, could mean that I might forget something basic and have some form of pilot error in which someone gets hurt or wind up destroying my quad.

The props on these can very easily open up deep lacerations, so stay away from crowds. Practice like a madman and be conservative in just getting started. I tried to do a little hotdogging on my 5th flight and crashed from something I thought would be innocuous. Read your manual multiple times and read the threads here on crashes to learn what NOT to do.

Also, if you are going to eventually fly at an event, I would suggest you get the OK from the organizers first. And if you didn't understand the acronym, RTFM stands for Read The F#*~ing Manual.

While everyone is chiming in, I'm just east of Columbus in Pataskala. :)

Reactions: yorlik
Dayton here ;-)
And once again, read the manuals for both the phantom and any app that you use! And ALWAYS start out with fully charges battery.
Springfield here.

Last edited:
Reactions: yorlik

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl