Newbie From Ohio

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just ordered my Phantom 3 Advanced this morning, after seeing a buddies at a car show this past weekend. I hope to have it by this weekend.

So far I've ordered some phantom filters for it, and a gimbal guard. My buddy recommended using the flight simulator first to get used to the control before first flight. Any other helpful tips? I'm really looking forward to trying it at the www.woodwarddreamcruise.com event next week in Detroit, as long as I feel comfortable with flying it.

Reactions: Mordor
Hey guys,

I just ordered my Phantom 3 Advanced this morning, after seeing a buddies at a car show this past weekend. I hope to have it by this weekend.

So far I've ordered some phantom filters for it, and a gimbal guard. My buddy recommended using the flight simulator first to get used to the control before first flight. Any other helpful tips? I'm really looking forward to trying it at the www.woodwarddreamcruise.com event next week in Detroit, as long as I feel comfortable with flying it.

Do you have any previous RC experience? If not... I wouldn't count on flying in a public place (especially around expensive property or people) until you have a lot of flight time under your belt.

Yes... Phantoms are easier to fly than most RC craft... But it's still possible to get disoriented and panic and do stupid stuff (just read every other thread in this forum if you don't believe me lol)

Just take your time... Get a lot of flights in wide open spaces, and then maybe take to some events. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: yorlik and CodeRed
Before you start fly, please make a IMU calibration. If possible on a cool place...
Check on net how to do it...
Then, before fly, the normal calibration counter-clock.

Like users above said, you should start get experince with a small drone or quad, like i did with Hubsan 109L...
It gives the calm and fiber to handle on panic situations....

So.....goo slow! Good Flights!

Reactions: CodeRed
Do you have any previous RC experience? If not... I wouldn't count on flying in a public place (especially around expensive property or people) until you have a lot of flight time under your belt.

Yes... Phantoms are easier to fly than most RC craft... But it's still possible to get disoriented and panic and do stupid stuff (just read every other thread in this forum if you don't believe me lol)

Just take your time... Get a lot of flights in wide open spaces, and then maybe take to some events. Just my 2 cents

No experience, at least not in a very long time.

I appreciate the tips, hence why I asked ;)

Eat think and drink safety. An object at 150 ft traveling at 25 miles and hours suddenly drops from the sky.... Where is it going to crash, what's it going to hit, or who is it going to hurt. I think you get the idea. We never know so we have to plan and alway think about what could happen and am I flying where it's safe. Pilots are responsible for their craft.
The hoods on some of those cars would be well over 2k to replace or repair.

Where abouts in Ohio r u? Over by Youngstown here..

Welcome, I am on the west side of Clev. Was in the Sandusky area for a long time. How did your car show go?

Have you gotten some good experience with the P3 yet?

Did you RTFM? Twice is good.

Did you update everything as the updates came out?

If you need any help PM me.

I'm right up the road in Cortland. I'm looking for people to fly with in our area. If you're interested let me know.
Would def be interested.. Don't know anyone else around here with one.. Would be cool to be able to video another drone in flight

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj